watch live tv from the start of the show
hi

when i am watching live tv on kodi and i start watching not from the beginning of the show i can't start over (and also i can't record a show)

can i, and if so how, watch live tv (not vod) from the start of the show if i started to watch not from the beginning

thank you in advance
tzahy
You can't.  By definition it is 'live' and therefore the bit you missed has already been broadcast.  You should be able to start a recording though although that might depend upon the backend you are using.  Some backends (TVHeadend for instance) can be set up to start timeshifting as soon as you play a channel.  If I was watching a channel and had to answer the door, I can rewind as far as the point at which I started the channel.  That's about the best you will get without a bunch of multiplexed tuners recording all your channels 24/7.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-01-21, 14:51)black_eagle Wrote: You can't.  By definition it is 'live' and therefore the bit you missed has already been broadcast.  You should be able to start a recording though although that might depend upon the backend you are using.  Some backends (TVHeadend for instance) can be set up to start timeshifting as soon as you play a channel.  If I was watching a channel and had to answer the door, I can rewind as far as the point at which I started the channel.  That's about the best you will get without a bunch of multiplexed tuners recording all your channels 24/7.

thank you
i read online that you can recording the live tv using add on call iptv recorder. i down load it and did all the steps that i saw online but i didn't succeed to record (the epg is recognized the broadcast, it said it begin to record and than give a an error message and don't record anything)
do you know that add on or any other add on that can record live tv

thank you in advance
I'm sorry, I don't use IPTV at all.  All my live TV comes over-the-air by both aerial & satellite.  If you have an issue with the addon (assuming it's the one referenced on this forum) then you should open an issue here -> https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...der/issues so that the author can look into it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
There are some IPTV providers that have a feature called Archive that treats live tv like VOD.  I have yet to find a legal source for such content so don't have more information than this.

Martin
Yes, the Archive/Catchup feature will be supported in an upcoming IPTV Simple release.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watch live tv from the start of the show0