Aeon NOX Silvo - GameFlix views for AML plugin
I have been slowly customizing my local version of Aeon NOX Silvo with some personal tweaks. I have made a number of changes to the skin customizing things like Music View (mimicking MyFlix), allowing further customization for colour selection (as I have opted for a more monotone theme) and have recently started customizing the view to work with the AML plugin.

I wanted to showcase some work I did in regards specifically with displaying MAME ROMS  and Soft Lists using the AML plugin. 

I posted the updated screenshots in the AML thread and thought I would just hyperlink as to not post the same thing twice.

Advanced MAME Launcher Thread 

Cheers.
(2020-01-22, 04:17)Rychem28 Wrote: I have been slowly customizing my local version of Aeon NOX Silvo with some personal tweaks. I have made a number of changes to the skin customizing things like Music View (mimicking MyFlix), allowing further customization for colour selection (as I have opted for a more monotone theme) and have recently started customizing the view to work with the AML plugin.

I wanted to showcase some work I did in regards specifically with displaying MAME ROMS  and Soft Lists using the AML plugin. 

I posted the updated screenshots in the AML thread and thought I would just hyperlink as to not post the same thing twice.

Advanced MAME Launcher Thread 

Cheers.

I'm interested in the changes you have made.  I can't add much to your work at the moment, other than make suggestions.  Would you mind sharing the views you built, and how to add them to Aeon Nox Silvo?  I asked mike about adding AML/AEL support and he seems skeptical of the idea so I think its up to the skin users to fend for themselves in this regard.  Thanks.
I should be able to do that for you. The view is still a work in progress, as I have also been playing around with the plugin to generate certain data for display. I have highly modified my local version of AeonNoxSilvo so it may take me a day or so to sort through what changes would only be needed to make this option available.
That sounds good, and thanks.  Also to be clear I use AEL, and not AML but hopefully some of the same changes apply.
@Jachin99 still looking at what i modified for just the AML plugin views, turns out it was more than I thought. There are at least 6-7 of the skin xml's that were modified to 1) get the new view to show and 2) declare variables that were needed for the view.

I am setting up a fork of the Silvo archive that will contain the changes (along with some of the other changes I have made to the skin - although they may not be for everyone). At the minimum you should be able to see on the Git the changes that I made along with the new XML view file.

I will let you know when I get this up on GitHub.

Cheers
Rychem, a fork is probably the best option, and hopefully this is something that can keep up with skin updates, and perhaps evolve over time.  I was thinking of forking the skin for game & tv tunes support, and I see your on board with at least the game portion portion.  If you have any interest in adding tv tunes support or maintaining a fork in general then I'm willing to do what I can.
@Jachin99 Just a heads up that I should be able to post the changes to a fork in about a weeks time. I am just cleaning up some code (mostly making some changes I made a little more uniform across the skin). Once I am done I will post the link here or possibly in a fresh thread along with description of the changes I have made.

Cheers.
That sounds good thanks
@Jachin99 I have uploaded my skin to github. I have not forked it as of yet from MikeSilvo's repo as the skin is still a work in progress for me.

Since I think you are primarliy interested in the AML/AEL plugin stuff, have a look at the View_803_GameFlix for the displays for MAME and consoles emulated in MAME. I number of files had to be changed in order to get it to display as I have right now as well as some changes to the AML plugin specifically.

In the resource folder, I put some screenshots of the views for the AML plugin so you can have a look prior to downloading the skin. I have opted for a more monotone theme for my needs with some exceptions.

https://github.com/Rychem28/skin.aeon.nox.monochrome

Cheers
(2020-03-23, 03:30)Rychem28 Wrote: @Jachin99 I have uploaded my skin to github. I have not forked it as of yet from MikeSilvo's repo as the skin is still a work in progress for me.

Since I think you are primarliy interested in the AML/AEL plugin stuff, have a look at the View_803_GameFlix for the displays for MAME and consoles emulated in MAME. I number of files had to be changed in order to get it to display as I have right now as well as some changes to the AML plugin specifically.

In the resource folder, I put some screenshots of the views for the AML plugin so you can have a look prior to downloading the skin. I have opted for a more monotone theme for my needs with some exceptions.

https://github.com/Rychem28/skin.aeon.nox.monochrome

Cheers
Thank you for this!! I'll grab it and take a look
I just wanted to drop in and tell you I grabbed a copy of this but I haven't dedicated much time to setting up my game library.  Thanks for sharing one more time.
To get a feel for how to make changes to a skin I have tried adding your gameflix view to my existing installation of Aeon Nox Silvo.  I included the xml file for view 803 in the 16x9 folder. I added the xml file to include.xml, and I added 803 to mygames.xml.  Gameflix still isn't showing in the skin though.  Have I missed something?
Custom_1130_views must also be changed so that skin can be selected. The view may not have all the functionality that you are looking for by dumping into Aeon Nox Silvo, as I also had to change the Variables.xml along with a couple other of the XML. What I might suggest is you can install the skin alongside of Aeon Nox to have a look at the functionality. It won't change any of your settings.

Cheers.
Rychem, I'll try that out just to get a better feel for things.  I have installed the skin, and played around with it some but I only have two suggestions at the moment.  

1. I would like an option to remove the power button on the main menu.  I rarely leave Kodi, or shut down this machine so that isn't needed for my setup.
2. I'm really looking for a way to display all of the Art, Trailers, etc. that are available via AEL/AML, and correct views and widgets cutting off landscape cover art.  This doesn't have to be in a netflix style view or any other particular view.  I would like to learn to add these myself so that I can easily make changes to my own skin and give examples of suggested changes.  

I appreciate the effort your putting into this but I also want to give honest feedback.  Its your work so far so its up to you to implement whatever changes you deem neccessary.
@Jachin99 I can look at making the change for the 1st suggestion, that isn't a problem. I don't use the power button that much either, it was more for the other family members who don't know how to shut Kodi down. I might be able to get this done within the week.

I might be able to help with #2. I have been playing around with the skin trying to learn the inner workings of Kodi skinning. I am at about a year in and still learning. I haven't really looked at AEL support, should be pretty easy to do based on what I did for AML. 

My next major project will be to update the branch to the newest Aeon Nox Silvo (which is Matrix ready) as Kodi 19 gets ready. It is quite a bit of a job as I now have to reapply all changes I have done, but should be good as I have learned more and think there are some things that need to be cleaned up.

Cheers,
Rychem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon NOX Silvo - GameFlix views for AML plugin0