Aeon NOX Silvo - GameFlix views for AML plugin
Jachin, All fixed. Thanks for spotting that, I am normally pretty good at finding those types of formatting issues. It's weird though as the GameFlix views are setup exactly the same as MyFlix views. I will do some more digging to see if I can find out why the GameFlix view was offset. Anyways it is setup like MyFlix now.

I made one small tweak with the home control (more to do with fanart being displayed properly on my machine), you may not notice a difference.

I have added a new view specific to MAME. I haven't played around much with the layout but wanted the option to have a view that was MAME specific. I am currently populating some art work for my console systems and MAME over the next week. Once I have that done, I am going to post some screenshots of some layout changes that it would be interesting to get feedback on.

Cheers
Rychem
Rychem, I have been checking the github page almost daily and grabbing new versions.  Your fix for the lettering on gameflix views is much appreciated.  The last remaining issue I see with gameflix views is game descriptions.  There appears to be more space between the title in the top left side of the screen, and the box covers.  The description as it is currently displayed drops behind box covers, and it looks like you can move the whole description container up a little so that it isn't behind coverart, and more of it is shown at once.  I also have a few feature requests that I think add a lot to the skin but aren't game related if you will hear those out.   Thanks again for all of your hard work, and I have made this my full time skin!!
Jachin, Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear your like the skin. It has been a been fun modifying the skin and I am learning more day by day.

I am in the process of fixing the offset game descriptions. I would welcome any feature request you are looking for, hoepfully it is not beyond my current skill set. I will be updating the git in a few days with the above fix along with some other minor formating fixes as I am cleaning up some of the code.
Quick update, I have spent the last couple of days doing some major formatting tweaks. I have gotten the plot to be properly centred (or at least I think I have). I have been experimenting with displaying cartridges and clearlogos (specifically with console systems) and wanted to show off what I have at the moment. The below is using the AML plugin so I cannot guarantee the AEL plugin will behave the same. I have some small changes to the AML plugin for the cartridges and clearlogo scrapping which I will be be creating a pull request to see if it is accepted.

Enjoy.Image

ImageImageImageImage
I grabbed the new version, and the description formatting looks much better.  I think the next thing I'll have to do is grab better metadata to really test things though.  Which scrapers are you using?  I mostly use thegamesdb but I'm not getting trailers, and a few other image files.  Moby Games denied my API request also.
The AML plugin works a little differently than the AEL plugin. AML is targetted towards using MAME as the only emulator including those for console systems. There is no online scraper for the AML it uses information contained in various MAME dats to pull the information. For assets, again everything is offline and you have to go find the assets yourself. Luckily sites like Progetto Snaps and Emumovies (these do not have MAME naming convention but can be converted - I am in the process of doing this) have resources that are downloaded.

Sorry, can't really help you with the scraping.
I'll look into those sites.  Do you know of any sites that offer artwork packs that are already in the correct folder structure for AML/AEL?
I am not aware of any sites that offer artwork packs. Really the plugin does it's own name matching and folders are selectable so as long as the correct folder is selected and names match the roms you should be good to go. AML plugin and MAME in general work a little differently in that there are pre-determined folder naming structure (it is outlined in the readme and skinning files). But the premise is the same, asset naming must match rom naming.

I haven't really used AEL at all at the moment so can't really comment on its setup. And with the expection of Steam games will more than likely no be implementing it.
I had the most trouble with arcade games because the files I have aren't named exactly right.  I spent a while grabbing individual artwork off various sites but then I remembered I have a launchbox license and emumovies account.  I'm setting up launchbox to grab all of that artwork, and hopefully its a relatively simple process to just copy it all into my AEL directories.
Rychem, I grabbed a few game trailers but they aren't playing.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with AEL/AML or a skin issue but if you have had some luck with trailers then maybe I'll try resetting a launcher to see what happens.
Hey Jachin, when you say the trailer is not working what do you mean. Just a heads up I set up the view to only view the trailer by going to the full screen fanart. I opted for this in showing the trailer as when I originally had it displayed in a window on the page as it was interfering with music being played at the same time. 

I am willing to look at putting the trailed back on the main page as a selectable item. I will see if I can post a video of how to look at the trailer.

Cheers
Rychem, hopefully that is why i'm seeing my trailers.  I'm not entirely sure how to get to fullscreen fart.  As a matter of personal preference, I think I would prefer the trailer playing in place of fanart, or maybe give users the option to have the trailer play as a video snap.  I'm still collecting artwork to really test things but thanks for all of your help so far.
Jachin, I have the coding for the trailer showing up in the main page nearly complete. To access the fullscreen fanart, you highlight the selected game then press down twice, it will bring up the trailer as a fullscreen video. I should have the update posted to the git in the next couple days.

Cheers,
Rychem
Rychem, I have been slowly collecting artwork, and I have a few trailers to test things with so I'm looking forward to it!!  While I'm here I have also noticed a formatting error on my end that isn't there in your screenshots.  I'm sharing a screenshot where when I enable clearlogos & Game cartridges for Sega Master System, the clearlogo gets cut off for some reason. Image
Jachin, I will have a look at this. Everything looks offset on your screen. Let me see if I can duplicate the issue. I have updated the git with the change in game trailers, so you can now view them on the main page.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon NOX Silvo - GameFlix views for AML plugin0