• 13(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
Ok thanks for the help!
I would like some advice re' this "always transcode" option. Having been a plex user for a few years, I was always under the impression that , avoiding transcoding as much as possible was paramount to smooth streaming from the server? 
I dont have any content with resolution higher than 1080p.
But I do have a lot of movies / shows, with subtitle folder in the same folder as the video file. 
I assumed that kodi playing the subtitle from a local source , it doesnt need to transcode ?
So my question really is , do I need to enable this "always transcode" option ?
(2020-07-22, 09:25)ontap Wrote: I would like some advice re' this "always transcode" option. Having been a plex user for a few years, I was always under the impression that , avoiding transcoding as much as possible was paramount to smooth streaming from the server? 
But I do have a lot of movies / shows, with subtitle folder in the same folder as the video file. 
I assumed that kodi playing the subtitle from a local source , it doesnt need to transcode ?

Strange question @ontap, especially as your tone suggests that everything runs well for you "as is". The simple answer is that if it works for you without transcoding then you should not enable transcoding. You should only enable any of the transcoding options if the device you use as the client is unable to handle the format or the connection that it uses can't support the full bitrate. For example, I transcode H265 to H264 when running Composite on a S802 (LibreElec) box. S802 can't play H265 as it's an old chipset. What this means is that the box can be used to watch all my plex content and doesn't need to be binned.
Lightbulb 
(2020-07-22, 16:06)sonofdibnah Wrote:
(2020-07-22, 09:25)ontap Wrote: I would like some advice re' this "always transcode" option. Having been a plex user for a few years, I was always under the impression that , avoiding transcoding as much as possible was paramount to smooth streaming from the server? 

Strange question @ontap, especially as your tone suggests that everything runs well for you "as is". The simple answer is that if it works for you without transcoding then you should not enable transcoding. You should only enable any of the transcoding options if the device you use as the client is unable to handle the format or the connection that it uses can't support the full bitrate. For example, I transcode H265 to H264 when running Composite on a S802 (LibreElec) box. S802 can't play H265 as it's an old chipset. What this means is that the box can be used to watch all my plex content and doesn't need to be binned.

Thanks for that. I will leave the option disabled.
1.3.0 is available from the Official repository
Code:
[add] menu items 'TV Shows/Movies on Deck' and widgets 'All Servers: TV Shows/Movies on Deck'
    for on deck results from all servers
[add] menu items 'Recently Added Episodes/Movies' and widgets
    'All Servers: Recently Added Episodes/Movies' for recently added results from all servers
[chg] movie collections default to sorting by year
[fix] 'Always Transcode' setting is now applied
[fix] minor fixups
[upd] use new settings format for Kodi 19
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Any requests for additions to;

I'd like to keep this initial version relatively simple, additional filtering can be looked at in the future.
The item count is currently 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, the rest of the current options are visible.
The new combined 'Recently Added Movies' doesn't seem to show Watched items, I can see these in the individual Recently Added sections, but the new combined section seems to hide these. Is there a way to show Watched Movies in this section?
Also, I've noticed that the Movies -> 'By Genre' folder seems to return a blank page since a previous update, TV Shows/Genre however still works as expected. Other sections such as Movies -> 'By Year' still work, has Movies/Genre been inadvertently broken by an update or is this something at my end?
Is it possible to choose which folders to add from my server, I have another server shared with me and I dont want folders from that server added to kodi, or if that isnt possible  is there a way to only add my own folders to the library , rather than every one?
Sorry guys been trying to read through and search for an answer but all I'd found was "should find all servers"

I have two servers I have access to. Composite by default finds one. I've tried in the settings to switch it to the one I actually use, but nothing changes. The media options are that of the other.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction
I've also updated post #2 and the release for 1.3.1~alpha1
Code:
~alpha1
[add] settings to included watched content in combined 'Recently Added Episodes/Movies' sections

@FXB78
I added a setting to include watched content, Settings - Look and Feel
Movies/TV by genre is working for me here

@ontap
It's not currently possible, added an issue so it will be something I at least look into in the future.
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/181

@Pikaori
If the server in question has a non-default access url, you may need to configure the access url manually.
Main Menu -> Manage Servers -> $SERVERNAME -> Custom access urls

Otherwise I would need a complete debug log (wiki)
Before posting a log in the thread I would sanitize it a bit first. Find and replace any server ip's with .'s or -'s, and any *Token=<token>.
Try to replace things using a consistent representation. ie. 192.168.1.1 is always replaced by 192.x.x.x, and 192.168.1.2 is always replaced by 192.y.y.y
The add-on hides this as best as possible but some leaks through with Kodi's logging. You're also welcome to email it as well if still concerned (myusername [at] gmail).
Hello 

I can not get the library integration to function - could anybody help with a little to do guide .-)
i am running Kodi 18 on and Nvidia shield and using version 1.3 

i have tried the guide in the wiki but without any luck - maybe their could be library folders inside the add-on in the new updates ?
hi there love the add-on

but it has stopped working when it is not signed in 
comes up with all the listings with no art and it  doesn't allow you to play anything 

got it  setup with a manual ip and port 32400
on a fire stick

uninstalled and reinstalled it no go
One thing that would be great, is the option to have trakt.tv lists in the addon. So for example I could select my trakt TV progress list or movie watchlist and then when I click the episode or show it then shows which plex server it is available on and then you select one to watch. The multiple joined on decks is good but you can get double ups of the same episode from different servers which isn't very tidy. Either being able to merge multiples or use trakt lists would be tidy.
@jakepe88 
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...18-library is all you need to do, it's not recommended as it's very limited in it's features and can be pretty slow to update.

@tidder1986
I don't know what you mean, but you must be signed in for the add-on to work.

@ryadre 
It's not available from the official repository yet, but the latest versions of plugin.video.themoviedb.helper have a Composite player file, and allows you to browse by trakt lists.
You can find it: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey

I've also updated post #2 and the release for 1.4.0~alpha2
Code:
~alpha2
[chg] Remove HTTPS from settings and move Certificate Verification from settings to Manage Servers

~alpha1
[add] settings to included watched content in combined 'Recently Added Episodes/Movies' sections

Anyone whose had issues with servers not connecting, please see if 1.4.0~alpha2 resolves the issue for you.

@komplex Can you give 1.4.0~alpha2 a try and make sure it doesn't break your set up. Thanks in advance.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0