• 2(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
@FXB78
Thanks, something I intended to do but completely forgot. Smile I updated the zip to alpha3 with the fixup.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@anxdpanic Thanks for the quick fix Smile

I have checked and whilst our previous issue with the prefixes has now been fixed it has thrown off the 'On Deck' & 'Recently Viewed Episodes' formatting.

In Kodi view-type these display as "TV Show Title - 1x01 - Title" however in the latest version using Plex view-type these are now displayed as simply "1x01 - Title" as if being a single TV Show. This makes it quite difficult to navigate where we have multiple shows in the list.

I hope that makes sense, if not let me know & I'll clarify further.

Thanks.
@FXB78
Big oversight on my behalf, I think that's my cue to step away from the keyboard for the day before I break anything else.  Wink
There is an alpha4 zip that should have the naming all resolved, thanks for keeping with it.
(2020-02-14, 23:39)anxdpanic Wrote: @FXB78
Big oversight on my behalf, I think that's my cue to step away from the keyboard for the day before I break anything else.  Wink
There is an alpha4 zip that should have the naming all resolved, thanks for keeping with it.
Haha yes I know that feeling! Just checked alpha4 and it looks like we got there in the end, thanks for your help Smile
Does this support multiple servers like plexbmc? or you have to manually add server ips? (i wish someone would just pick up plexbmc.. it's perfect) Smile
@icetech
Yes, all servers should be detected when you're logged in. Shouldn't require anything additional. 
Should be pretty close to what plexbmc was. But it's heavily refactored, python3 (Matrix ready), and removed things that are not allowed on the official repository.
(2020-02-18, 21:02)anxdpanic Wrote: @icetech
Yes, all servers should be detected when you're logged in. Shouldn't require anything additional. 
Should be pretty close to what plexbmc was. But it's heavily refactored, python3 (Matrix ready), and removed things that are not allowed on the official repository.

Wow, will try it in a bit, thank you! Smile
This is great! Really cool, thank you for taking the time to do this!

I had a chance to play with this last night (which means I had about five whole minutes, haha).   I thought I was happy with PKC, but now I'm trying to figure out which Plex solution to go with.

It was a breeze to install and log in. Found my server immediately. 

I had just a couple of questions.

-it appears to have access to all my Plex libraries except photos, is that by design or in the plan to be implemented?  Not a huge deal, I guess I could use Composite for video sources and point the Kodi library to the photo shares (something I don't think I can do with PKC)?

-loading large-ish libraries via the plugin takes a little while, art seems to cache for subsequent loads, but the load time is still there.  The Git Readme provides directions for adding the Plex content to the Kodi library... doing that will speed up load times?  I'm hesitant to mess with my libraries, I've got PKC (also a really cool addon) working -except for photos.
@jaydash 

In order to view pictures, you have to go to Add-ons - Picture add-ons - Composite. In the recent versions of Kodi viewing pictures from the Video add-ons section isn't supported so it's hidden unless accessed from Picture add-ons.

The addition to Kodi library is not heavily tested, and may cause issues with PKC -not sure how they handle library-. It's quick once added to the library, but the initial scan is very slow and nothing I can do to change that. For the load times, I will be looking into pagination in the future if the api allows it -I think it does- which should improve load times.
This is impressive guys, it's super fast and works perfectly.. thank you sooo much!! i can finally try 18 Smile
(2020-02-19, 18:01)anxdpanic Wrote: @jaydash 

In order to view pictures, you have to go to Add-ons - Picture add-ons - Composite. In the recent versions of Kodi viewing pictures from the Video add-ons section isn't supported so it's hidden unless accessed from Picture add-ons.

The addition to Kodi library is not heavily tested, and may cause issues with PKC -not sure how they handle library-. It's quick once added to the library, but the initial scan is very slow and nothing I can do to change that. For the load times, I will be looking into pagination in the future if the api allows it -I think it does- which should improve load times.
Thank you for the advice, it got me going in the right direction!  Oddly, setting up a home screen shortcut pointing to Add-ons/Picture Add-ons/Composite did NOT work, the list of available plex libraries always showed the video libraries.  However, when I tried creating the shortcut by going through Picture/Add-ons/Composite the photo library was listed, the folders showed, and the pictures load. Weird, huh? Maybe a skin thing? Dunno. 

I'll hold off on utilizing the library integration feature for now... my (BASIC) understanding is that PKC takes over the libraries.  If I have time I might be able to play with a separate installation and test drive this as a potential PKC replacement.

Really appreciate your work on this! Thanks again!
When watching Movies via Composite the Video OSD (Info Screen) shows the Movie poster, however whilst watching TV Shows the Episode thumb is displayed. Would it be possible to add a toggle into Composite to allow the TV Show Poster to be shown in the Video OSD?
@FXB78
Posters are also the default for episodes, the add-on just wasn't adding posters to the playable item so the episode thumbnails were the fallback.
I've added the posters and other artwork now, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../1.0.0-dev
The add-on also has a new icon and fanart thanks to spooknik  Smile
(2020-03-13, 20:30)anxdpanic Wrote: @FXB78
Posters are also the default for episodes, the add-on just wasn't adding posters to the playable item so the episode thumbnails were the fallback.
I've added the posters and other artwork now, https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../1.0.0-dev
The add-on also has a new icon and fanart thanks to spooknik  Smile
Thanks, it looks so much better now with the Poster displayed! And the new artwork looks very polished, great job guys Smile
Is it possible for Composite to interact with themoviedb helper? I had a look at the wiki and it looks like we would need to create a player file but after that I didn't really know where to start!

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...r-Function
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0