• 3(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
Can Composite display lyrics when playing music?. I have compared direct playback of the files from within Kodi and from within Composite. Kodi shows the lyrics it has downloaded to the lyrics folder in the album's directory (that's how I've set lyrics up) but Composite doesn't. 

I tried the setting "Audio and subtitle selector" and set it to Kodi control but that didn't work.
@FXB78
Will try for the next version, have created an issue for it https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/138

@sonofdibnah
I've never used lyrics myself, hopefully you can help me a bit. What is your naming scheme, lyric file type, and anything else that you think might help? I will try to reproduce and add lyric support.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-03-19, 16:55)anxdpanic Wrote: @FXB78
Will try for the next version, have created an issue for it https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/138

@sonofdibnah
I've never used lyrics myself, hopefully you can help me a bit. What is your naming scheme, lyric file type, and anything else that you think might help? I will try to reproduce and add lyric support.
Thanks so much for looking into this.

All my lyrics are sourced from the Kodi CU LRC Lyrics addon which is available from the Kodi Repo. In the settings for this addon, I've elected to save the lyric into the same folder as the music. By default the lyrics are stored in one place for all albums and you'll be able to see this for yourself if you use the addon. 

The addon seems to look up and store the lyric for each track as it's played or possibly when it's going to be the next track. When Composite plays music, it seems to be calling the lookup but the lookup fails for both newly played music and for music which has stored lyrics for it.

So, here's an example of one of my music folders:
Folder name: Nadia Reid - Out of my Province (2020)
Contents: Folder called lyrics (of which more later)
                01 - All of My love.mp3
                02 - High & Lonely.mp3
                etc etc
Contents of lyrics folder:
                01 - All of My love.txt
                02 - High & Lonely.txt
                etc etc

I've looked at other folders and the lyrics structure is the same EXCEPT that some have the suffix .lrc. These are kareoke style with the line being sung changing colour.

If you need anything else from me, please let me know.
Kepp up your good work

This is so much better then the official plex plugin Smile
hi loving the addon, wanting to add a custom search path to arctic zephyr skin please could you help?

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc.../issues/36
Nice work. Does this support plex trailers?
Slightly off topic but I need to say that the latest official Plex client add-on tempted me. Having used it for a while, I am back here.
The official add-on won't start if you exit it without closing it down (pressing the home key renders it impossible to return to the add-on). Furthermore, I have no idea what it does sometimes with playback of H265 with 5.1 sound but picture quality is poor and sound is only 2 channel PCM.

I've done my digging now and shall be sticking with this super add-on. Plex add-on has been taken off all my boxes.
I've never been much of a fan of Plex.
Last Friday I installed it's snap package on my laptop, installed PKC on my LibreELEC (Rpi) box and it wouldn't connect to the server.
Other devices could connect to the Plex server so it had to be an issue with PKC or my rig.
Fought against it for a full day and couldn't make it connect.
Suddenly I found Composite. In under 3 minutes I had everything working as it should.
I may give up on Plex (I most probably will) but I will surely endorse your addon to my friends if I hear them moving over to a Plex server.
Thanks mate.
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
Just want to say, thanks for this. It worked straight away, I just had to connect to the Plex server on my shield using the link.
Ok complete nubi here but I am willing to dig if given pointers and if it's a really stupid question let me know (and preferably why)....

What I'm trying to figure out is if there is some way to unify the the view of Movies between a local media sources and the movies on a Plex.  I want to see them in one big list when I go into all movies and in  genres, etc.

It sounds like this might have been possible in the past with the add-on this was spawned from and some skins like Amber but I can't seem to get it to work for the life of me ....
Great work so far! Love how out of the box it is.

One feature that I have noticed hasn’t migrated over to Composite is the ability to view a section By Folder. For Movies and TV shows when scraped perfectly this isn’t a huge issue but for things like Extras and Unsorted Video, home movies etc, there’s no better way to view these files than by their original folder hierarchy.

Hoping that this feature can be easily reapplies as it’s still functioning within PlexBMC.
@anxdpanic,
I am not atempting to hijack your thread. Just trying to get some help and feedback to further MediaImport.
We are short on Plex testers and your thread have people who are already running plex servers. If it ok with I asking your users to give it a shot.

The latest builds
Hey

Just installed and having issues.

So I have two remote servers. When I logged in, it shoes server A properly, but for server B it only shows Channels, Plex Online, Playlists and Widgets. So it doesn't show anything where media actually is.

If I go to Server List it shows Server A as Remote SSL and Server B as Remote Not Secure.

Thanks
Also is it possible to use this with a skin like PKC? I find that I have to go into add-ons to see anything through composite.
I have several setups for Plex on my Nvidia Shield.  I have a couple of Kodi derivatives (Wonderbox.tv & Kodi) running PlexKodiConnect, I have the Android Plex app itself and I have SPMC running "Composite".  I use the Xonfluence Skin on Wonderbox, Kodi and SPMC. Your addon "Composite" does do almost everything I want except allow me to delete a video file from my Plex Server after I have watched it (or have I missed something?). 

If it isn't available, could the ability to delete a file from the Plex Server by the server owner be included in a future update?  PKC allows me to delete files as the owner of the server.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0