sleep (1000); commented out in xbox_video.cpp ?!
Thumbs Down 
so now xbmc sometimes hang or shows a scrambled picture when i try to watch a 4:3 movie and xbmc auto switches from 16:9... me and frodo was working on that one for like a week before we found this solution to the problem...

please, uncomment the two sleep (1000); in xbox_video.cpp!!!
if it just fixed by removing the two // i have done that, just doing a test to see so i didnt break anything befor comitting...

i have tested with all 16:9 and 4:3 movies i have and switching from 16:9 to 4:3 and the other way around works fine Smile

commiting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks dday!

yes, its just the two // that needed to be removed.
Sad 
are you sure jmarshall or butcher commeted this out on purpose in the cvs? (maybe it was causing other problem?, i don't know)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
maybe, but none that i herad of. i think they might thought it wasent needed because it only mess up 16:9 -> 4:3 for some of us and the sleep (1000); dosent have a coment why is in there...
not sure if it was me that commented this out in cvs or if it was someone else. it isn't needed on my system, obviously different tvs need more time to switch or something.

obviously some systems need the sleep there to switch correctly. i'm not exactly sure why this would be so. it seems to me that it would be primarily an xbox issue, as the sleep is performed before we reset the graphics system to the new resolution.

perhaps it has something to do with the fact that mplayer is in a separate thread so may call render() when we are in fact not ready to render. this doesn't really make much sense though.

i'd really like to figure out exactly why it is needed on some setups.

let me know if you want me to try something out for you in your quest to find out why sleep (1000); works for me! Smile
actually it was me that uncommented it jmarshall. i didn't see any valid reason for it being there, so i removed it as people were complaining about slow starting of videos.

i too don't see any reason for it being there, except of course that it appears to stop bad things happening with ktd's setup.

seems very strange to me.

ktd: does it happen when switching from 16:9 -> 4:3 and 4:3 -> 16:9 and does it do it everytime, or only sometimes?

i suspect it's a multi-threading issue, i've seen similar issues with multiple threads before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sleep (1000); commented out in xbox_video.cpp ?!0