Need help with addon settings (from old values)
#1
Hi,

I maintain a service addon, which used to work fine on Krypton, but having some issues with the settings window on Leia. I would appreciate any ideas and feedback.

Here's the code for it: https://github.com/linuxserver/libreelec...er.updater

The addon has two components really: 
1) A systemd service (that part is functioning just fine)
2) Two buttons in the settings window to manually execute python scripts: https://github.com/linuxserver/libreelec...ttings.xml

For some reason, when the setting window is opened, it shows a garbled display and the logs show:
2020-01-23 13:26:28.491 T:140296049125504   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[docker.linuxserver.updater]: loading setting definitions
2020-01-23 13:26:28.491 T:140296049125504   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[docker.linuxserver.updater]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
2020-01-23 13:26:28.491 T:140296049125504   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[docker.linuxserver.updater]: loading setting values
2020-01-23 13:26:28.491 T:140296049125504   ERROR: CAddonSettings[docker.linuxserver.updater]: failed to determine setting values from old format
2020-01-23 13:26:28.491 T:140296049125504   ERROR: CAddon[docker.linuxserver.updater]: failed to load user settings
2020-01-23 13:26:28.492 T:140296049125504   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogAddonSettings.xml) ------

There are no user customizable settings, so the "settings-default.xml" is just a blank xml file: https://github.com/linuxserver/libreelec...efault.xml
"strings.po" also seems to be proper (unless I missed something)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Reply
#2
the settings.xml file looks ok.

settings values are saved to:
../userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.updater/settings.xml
and that file is likely causing the issue.
deleting the file should fix the problem.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Reply
#3
(2020-01-24, 00:42)ronie Wrote: the settings.xml file looks ok.

settings values are saved to:
../userdata/addon_data/docker.linuxserver.updater/settings.xml
and that file is likely causing the issue.
deleting the file should fix the problem.

@ronie thx for the response. I did play around with a bunch more things and it boiled down to the existence of an empty "settings-default.xml" file that is shipped with the addon. Once I removed that from the addon, everything was fixed. Perhaps there was a regression/bug in kodi between v17 and v18 where an empty settings-default.xml file breaks something. 

I was under the impression that settings-default.xml was required. I guess not. 

Thanks
Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with addon settings (from old values)00