Solved Player.Art(foo) is empty when playing music from outside Music window
As the title says... Player.Art(thumb)Player.Art(fanart) are empty when you start playing music from anywhere else (eg home widgets) except "Music" window. The same issue if you try to PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]) from inside the MusicInformation window.

Checked with several skins including Estuary and all have the same behavior.

Kodi 18.5
Wndows 10

Cheers
Nessus
(2020-01-24, 21:34)nessus Wrote: As the title says... Player.Art(thumb)Player.Art(fanart) are empty when you start playing music from anywhere else (eg home widgets) except "Music" window. The same issue if you try to PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]) from inside the MusicInformation window.

Checked with several skins including Estuary and all have the same behavior.

Kodi 18.5
Wndows 10

Cheers
Nessus
@nessus , did you take a look at embuary.helper for this? I think that its service monitor automatically makes available the album and artist artwork for a song being played outside of the music window.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano thanks but that's not what i am talking about. Maybe i didn't explain it properly.

When you start playing a song from inside the "Music" window (MyMusicNav.xml), then... the Player.Art(thumb) & Player.Art(fanart) are available to show anywhere in the skin. For example, in a "Now Playing" widget. Now... if you start playing a song from outside of the "Music" window, lets say from a home widget, then... the player artworks are empty even in VideoFullScreen. This is happening with these artworks only with music. When playing a video from anywhere the Player.Art(poster) & Player.Art(fanart) are filled fine. I didn't test any other artwork like clearlogo etc but i am pretty sure they have the same issue.

To reproduce this just try in any skin to play some music from anywhere except "Music" window and go to VideoFullScreen to see if the player thumb it's visible.

I don't know if embuary.helper helps to solve this but IMO this should not be something that needs the help of an addon to solve it.

Cheers
Nessus
@nessus 

It seems something went wrong indeed.

Strange thing is , that that it is shortly filled, then gets cleared.

BUT it doesnt happen for Items bein Updated shortly.

I did a test, with an overlay, you can see, that  Player.[foo] infolabels are filled correct.
But gets cleared after a few ms, unless its a 'refreshed' db entry

Unsure whats causing it.

Video Example
(In that scenario - Albumsongs by 'A perfect Circle','John Frusciante' ,'RATM' ,'Bel Canto'  and 'The Veils 'are Items which are refreshed)

https://streamable.com/6nro2

EDIT: unsure but may running helper in bg causing it?

i like to ping @sualfred if its maybe caused by 'fanart grabbing process' or 'auto playlist clearing'
(sidenpte/offtopic noticed it first by try blur fanart , some items need refresh in the lib, to get image blurred)
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
ping @DaveBlake ?
I do not clear any system info labels.

But my helper is running a service to fill missing artworks and updates the music info labels. It fetches the DBID of the music player and calls the DB for the 'art' table. 
It fills 'thumb', 'clearlogo', 'discart', 'album.discart' and 'fanart' to Player.Art(foo) if found in the DB. 

@enen92 
FYI since you were working on the art mapping.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-01-24, 21:34)nessus Wrote: As the title says... Player.Art(thumb)Player.Art(fanart) are empty when you start playing music from anywhere else (eg home widgets) except "Music" window. The same issue if you try to PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]) from inside the MusicInformation window.
I'm reasonably sure this will be a core code issue. There are many ways to start music playback and each takes a different route through the code. It has just evolved that way over many years but is a bit of a design nightmare, something I have wanted to rework for a long time but it is hard and I get distracted firefighting other things. Core changes also get made by others without full testing of all possible "play" routes. In effect I'm not really surprized you have found something that fails to load the art, especially since PlayMedia is not a method I used or have tested recently (if ever).

Any evidence it is a recently introduced issue or a longer term one? I would suspect at least all of v18 has it, but it would help to know.

What other ways are there to start music playback from outside the music nav screen? JSON API calls I am aware of, and now PlayMedia builtin, any others?

Video will be different, all the art loading is processed by separate code etc.

@mardukL you mention it is "shortly filled then gets cleared", and thanks for the video. However I'm not familiar with the skin or whatever extra scripts it may be using etc. An example of Estuary with a "debug panel" showing the image file names (or missing) would be really useful if one of you clever skinners could knock that up for me.

To stop this getting lost in my workload it would also be helpful to raise an issue on Git.
(2020-01-25, 11:35)DaveBlake Wrote:
I'm reasonably sure this will be a core code issue. There are many ways to start music playback and each takes a different route through the code. It has just evolved that way over many years but is a bit of a design nightmare, something I have wanted to rework for a long time but it is hard and I get distracted firefighting other things. Core changes also get made by others without full testing of all possible "play" routes. In effect I'm not really surprized you have found something that fails to load the art, especially since PlayMedia is not a method I used or have tested recently (if ever).

Any evidence it is a recently introduced issue or a longer term one? I would suspect at least all of v18 has it, but it would help to know.

What other ways are there to start music playback from outside the music nav screen? JSON API calls I am aware of, and now PlayMedia builtin, any others?

Video will be different, all the art loading is processed by separate code etc.

@mardukL you mention it is "shortly filled then gets cleared", and thanks for the video. However I'm not familiar with the skin or whatever extra scripts it may be using etc. An example of Estuary with a "debug panel" showing the image file names (or missing) would be really useful if one of you clever skinners could knock that up for me.

To stop this getting lost in my workload it would also be helpful to raise an issue on Git.

the debug overlay, showing in video is not very special.

a simple control group with
image as bg and labels
- just
player.art[foo] info overlay.
( texture controls left and label control centered in cyan color in the video, also its used on home and custom window )
its not very special, so it'll be the same in estuary.

will do it , later when time.
deleted
(2020-01-25, 10:49)sualfred Wrote: I do not clear any system info labels.

But my helper is running a service to fill missing artworks and updates the music info labels. It fetches the DBID of the music player and calls the DB for the 'art' table. 
It fills 'thumb', 'clearlogo', 'discart', 'album.discart' and 'fanart' to Player.Art(foo) if found in the DB. 

@enen92 
FYI since you were working on the art mapping.
@sualfred... @mardukL it's right. It turns out that the cause for this is the script.embuary.helper addon. I've removed all three addons script.embuary.helper, script.embuary.info & plugin.video.themoviedb.helper and the issue is gone. Both artworks are showing fine. I've install the three addons again and only after the script.embuary.helper installation the issue it appears again. So i guess something in embuary.helper service is causing this.

Cheers
Nessus
I going to estuary, and can confirm nessus statement. (@nessus , @sualfred , @DaveBlake )

1. Embuary Helper Enebled
https://streamable.com/gxgjt

2. Embuary Helper Disabled
https://streamable.com/pvyuj

- in log nothing meaningfull , (just)  Start new fanart grabber process, right after playback ..
excerp
log:
2020-01-25 11:50:02.728 T:21856  NOTICE:   load skin from: C:\apps\Kodi Leia\addons\skin.estuary (version: 2.0.26)
2020-01-25 11:50:09.027 T:25488   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://www.royalty-free.tv/news/wp-conte...-logo1.jpg
2020-01-25 11:50:19.599 T:11840  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder mp3float
2020-01-25 11:50:51.439 T:25036  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.
2020-01-25 11:50:51.439 T:25036  NOTICE: [ script.embuary.helper ] Start new fanart grabber process
2020-01-25 11:51:06.116 T:14856   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://www.royalty-free.tv/news/wp-conte...-logo1.jpg
2020-01-25 11:51:15.821 T:14856  NOTICE: CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Open() Successful opened audio decoder mp3float
2020-01-25 11:51:55.030 T:21760  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 4 times.

Sidenote:
Got no, idea why it try to get response to/from  http://www.royalty-free.tv... , anyone else ? ,
caused by PVR.DEMOclient (https://github.com/Glenn-1990/pvr.demo/b...moData.cpp)
@mardukL 

Thanks. Please test this commit:
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...60378752b1

This is the part where I'm touching the music player artwork. Let me know if this changes something.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
So not a core issue, I'm so happy to be wrong Smile
Thanks for coming back so quickly on this and saving me digging about in core. If I can help out from my music lib core knoledge then let me know.
(2020-01-25, 13:22)sualfred Wrote: @mardukL 

Thanks. Please test this commit:
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...60378752b1

This is the part where I'm touching the music player artwork. Let me know if this changes something.

!!! CONFIRMED , Its Fixed now  !!!

Thanks again,especially for being so fast with that...

Have a nice Weekend.
Ok, thanks. Never had the issue on my end.
Will push a new version this weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player.Art(foo) is empty when playing music from outside Music window0