v18 (Un)Supported NFO tags for music videos
Hi,
I had quite a surprise when I read in kodi.wiki about Smart Playlists that <dateadded> is not supported for music videos*. That's the day after I've changed all my playlists to sort by dateadded. And it works perfectly well. All music videos got there dateadded field filled with the correct date since last year when I started adding them. They are displayed and played in correct order (as far as I've followed them). That's fine, not a problem ... in fact it's great!!!
(done nothing, I have a very slim advancedsettings.xml)

More troubling was another discovery: the director tag is not supported multiple times for music videos**? Is this official or outdated?
I have added multiple directors, separated by an agreed separator in TheAudioDB. This separator I use in my advancedsettings.xml to split them into separate director records. These are exported to NFOs containing multiple director. So if there is no guaranteed support for multiple directors, there's a chance that I loose half of my directors if re-importing them to another version of Kodi. So it might be better to keep them in one field. (Although it would increase the number of directors significantly and I wouldn't like it)

*) https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists#Fields
**) https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music_v...Video_Tags
The smartplaylist wiki page was last updated for v14, so very outdated.

The NFO file page clearly shows director and date added as available for use. But you did pick up on a blooper. The "Multiple" entry for Directory should be "Yes". I have changed that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-01-25, 00:53)Karellen Wrote: The smartplaylist wiki page was last updated for v14, so very outdated.

The NFO file page clearly shows director and date added as available for use. But you did pick up on a blooper. The "Multiple" entry for Directory should be "Yes". I have changed that.
So thanks for this comforting information! (and correcting the table)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Un)Supported NFO tags for music videos0