v18 Looking for the thread that detailed the switch from TVDB to TMDb
Wasn't there a thread (or at least a locked post) that listed steps and best practices to minimize pain during the switch from The TVDB to The Movie DB?

I'm really struggling with so many tv series that are scraping incorrectly. All series directories have scraped, but I've got ~1700 files that are "missing" from the scrape, due to incomplete series info (only 1 episode has been entered for Churchill's Secret Agents: The New Recruits; five actually exist) on TMDb, or incorrect series names chosen. On TMDb, why would someone name Rescue Me the same? There is a 2002 series and the much more popular 2004 version. Guess which one was chosen for my initial scrape?

So how about that thread/post?
I am not aware of any thread that describes switching between scrapers. All these types of comments are spread out in multiple threads as the information is asked for.

One reason there is no thread is that it should not be that difficult. The only mistake people make is swapping scrapers mid scrape. ie, they have scraped with TVDB, then have changed scrapers and tried to add new episodes. That won't work until you Refresh the tv show (no need to refresh the existing episodes)

Make sure your scraper is up to date.

If neither of my two above points are the problem, then provide a Debug Log which captures an Update Library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I went back to using the TVDB scraper recently because of missing series, better actor images, and proper specials positioning. So you don't have to use the TMDB scraper if you're having problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for the thread that detailed the switch from TVDB to TMDb0