something went wrong... can't access to settings
Hi!
First of all, i'm using the last release of Kodi and Amber

For months now, i have hide the "settings" item on the main menu and placed it in the "power" and it works like a charm.

Today, i went to map a new folder and wanted to access the settings from the "power menu" but it's missing!!! I'm suck with no access to the settings section!!

Do somebody know a way to get access to the settings or resset the amber skin parameters ? I'm kinda stuck...

And i still don't know how i put myself in this situation, didn't made any change in amber for weeks.
(2020-01-28, 20:36)stunty999 Wrote: Hi!
First of all, i'm using the last release of Kodi and Amber

For months now, i have hide the "settings" item on the main menu and placed it in the "power" and it works like a charm.

Today, i went to map a new folder and wanted to access the settings from the "power menu" but it's missing!!! I'm suck with no access to the settings section!!

Do somebody know a way to get access to the settings or resset the amber skin parameters ? I'm kinda stuck...

And i still don't know how i put myself in this situation, didn't made any change in amber for weeks.

@stunty999, what version of Amber are you using?

In any case, you can delete, from the folder <userdata>/addon_data/skin.shortcuts, all files that have amber in the name. This will reset completely all of the menu/submenu/shelves configuration.

I am not sure what happened in your case, since I have not touched anything in the code in the latest versions that would do that.

The only think I can think of is that, if you had not updated Amber in the last couple of months, I made the Power menu customizable, but that should have left all of the options you already had there.

Please let me know if you were able to resolve with my advice above of deleting the files. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
i was using the last release available on the amber repository.

I think one of my kids must have done a hard shutdown and screwed some files on the drive because kodi is acting weird.
I cannot see amber in the skins, i tried reinstall it from the repo but install doesn't seems to work... 

I did not made any settings changes for weeks so it must be some external cause

Everything seems to work under estuary skin.
*edit*
when i try to install it it says that the plugin.video.moviedb.helper version 2.2.15 could not be satisfied... but the only version i find is 2.0.18

EDIT: Ok, i installed the plugin from github in v2.2.46 and now i able to reinstall amber...

Thanks for your help @bsoriano! always here for a helpful hand Wink

one last thing : How can i save the amber settings in case this happens again (i hope not!!!) ?
(2020-01-28, 22:27)stunty999 Wrote: when i try to install it it says that the plugin.video.moviedb.helper version 2.2.15 could not be satisfied... but the only version i find is 2.0.18

EDIT: Ok, i installed the plugin from github in v2.2.46 and now i able to reinstall amber...

Thanks for your help @bsoriano! always here for a helpful hand Wink

one last thing : How can i save the amber settings in case this happens again (i hope not!!!) ?
@stunty999 , I am glad you were able to solve it.  Yes, the plugin.video.themoviedb.helper needs to be installed from GitHub or from jurialmunkey's repo.  That is temporary until he submits the latest version to the Kodi repo.

You can save the settings by going into Settings, Amber Settings, Backup/Restore: Backup skin settings.  Selecting this should ask you for a folder where to store the saved settings.  Then, if you ever need to restore, you can use the "Restore Skin Settings" in this same menu.  Be advised that this uses the script.skin.helper.skinbackup addon.  Amber should prompt you to install it if you do not have it and you try to backup or restore.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks a lot for your precious help Bart! Amber was a good skin but it became a truely amazing one since you put your hands in it. Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
something went wrong... can't access to settings0