Solved Custom Keymap Profile
Can anyone tell me where the saved Keymap Editor file is located and what it is named?

I am using a 2012 MacBook Pro running Kodi v17.6 on macOS 10.14.6.

Thanks.
It should be in the keymaps sub-folder of your userdata (wiki) folder. On Mac that is:

Code:
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps
Note that the userdata (wiki) folder is hidden by default, so you may need to enable viewing hidden folders to see it. See here for more details.

See our wiki page on keymaps (wiki) for more details. The addon generates a file called gen.xml if I remember correctly, but any valid xml file in that folder will be read as a keymap (in alphabetical order).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-28, 21:20)DarrenHill Wrote: It should be in the keymaps sub-folder of your userdata (wiki) folder. On Mac that is:
Code:
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/keymaps
Note that the userdata (wiki) folder is hidden by default, so you may need to enable viewing hidden folders to see it. See here for more details.

See our wiki page on keymaps (wiki) for more details. The addon generates a file called gen.xml if I remember correctly, but any valid xml file in that folder will be read as a keymap (in alphabetical order). 
Thanks, DarrenHill.  After my upgrade to macOS 10.14.6, I had to (for some reason) redo my whole Inteset remote, FLIRC, Kodi Keymap scheme.  Very confusing.  So, now that it is all working again, I wanted to back up this file.  It turned out that the biggest problem was the product code (Apple Computer) I'd used in the Inteset remote.  I was unaware of this, but it turns out that a lot of those product codes have duplicate keys assigned to the same thing, or keys that aren't assigned to anything.  Through trial and error (there was nothing about this on Inteset's website) I finally ended up using a Denon DVD player code that had unique identifiers on all of the keys I cared about.  I was then able to make some additional assignments in Kodi's keymapper.  So, all's well that ends well.  Thanks again.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Keymap Profile0