NextPVR PVR plugin v3.3.18
Is anyone else having problems with the NextPVR PVR plugin v3.3.18?

I had no issues with v3.3.15 but as soon as I got automatically upgraded to v3.3.17 and then v3.3.18 I started having buffering issues.

I tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and rebooting but that hasn't fixed things.

The problem is that it seems to ignore the settings when playing live TV, at least regarding buffering time. It then starts playing live TV before it should, plays for a few seconds and then buffers for about 8 seconds. This is what it normally does but there have been many variations, like playing for minutes and then buffering, playing for a second and buffering again. It is the same for both the Timeshift and Extended Timeshift options.

I have looked through the Kodi and NextPVR forums and can't find anyone else having the same problem.

I'm in the UK with DVB-T2, Kodi 18.5 and NextPVR 4.2.5. No other Kodi or NextPVR addons apart from one to configure buttons on the remote in Kodi. The PC is a very clean Windows 10 build, nothing but Kodi and NextPVr.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren.
The Timeshift code hasn't changed so 3.3.11 and the changes to Extended Timeshift  wouldn't impact buffering during file play.

I have noticed a delay problem though outside NextPVR.  I have written an addon to remotely control my STB with an IR remote for VOD to schedule recordings in NextPVR. In this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B98P_XJ4...e=youtu.be I am using python to stream an HTTP URL from an HDMI capture device, Kodi starts play quickly  but then buffers for about 8 seconds   That buffering which I can't control adds an annoying lag to my program.  If this is what you are describing it is not NextPVR related.   I haven't got around to reporting the issue since I haven't tried outside Windows or with Matrix.

Martin
What I see with Extended Timeshift matches quite well what is in your video clip (start quite quickly, play for about 4 seconds, buffer for about 8 seconds). ...but not always. Sometimes plays live TV without any buffering and sometimes fails to start Live TV and simply goes to Kodi main menu.

Timeshift is more erratic for me. Buffering occurs all over the place. I can't see a pattern.

The PC didn't changed (Windows update disabled). I did update NextPVR to 4.2.5 when the problem started. Also, I had been tinkering with Kodi advanced setting to increase the buffer size to help with playing files over my network. However, I reverted to standard Kodi setting as soon as I had the problem.

Could it be me changing the advanced settings in Kodi? If you haven't changed the timeshift code then I am stuggling to see why the problem started. It started some time ago, maybe Christmas time. When did you release 3.3.17 (the version when I first noticed the problem)?

I do have an image that I can restore that will take me back to v3.3.15, which worked absolutely fine for me. I guess I can disable updates and stick with v3.3.15. However, I would like to solve the problem with your help. ;-) I'll have another look at the general health of Windows and the hardware.

Thanks!
(2020-02-01, 03:11)DPGr Wrote: I do have an image that I can restore that will take me back to v3.3.15, which worked absolutely fine for me. I guess I can disable updates and stick with v3.3.15. However, I would like to solve the problem with your help. ;-) I'll have another look at the general health of Windows and the hardware.
When 3.3.13 was released you posted this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2838556  saying that you where going back to Kodi 17  Since timeshifting hasn't changed and extended timeshift didn't change in any way that would impact buffering is not clear where to proceed to help your or how 3.3.15 magically fixed things.

The zip for 3.3.15 might be available in your addons\packages folder if you haven't cleaned it out.

About all you can do in extended timeshift mode is play around with prebuffer and chunksize

That all being said the new timeshift in v5 of NextPVR seems to be quite stable and I suggest you have a look at upgrading your backend.   

Martin
OK, thanks Martin.

The PC has been really quite reliable with Kodi v18 and NextPVR 4.2.4. It sounds like the problem is perculiar to me. It might not be a bad thing to roll back to my backup image.

I'll give NextPVR v5 a go and I'll install v.3.3.15, if it is there, just to see what happens!

I remember the previous conversation. I though that you sent me v3.3.14 to test and it worked better for me.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Darren.
No you definitely want 3.3.18 with v5

Each version fixed some things but known of them deal with buffering.  I checked the messages you send and basically the fixes where ok but you still had issues with buffering.

Martin
Hi Martin,

A quick update:

I haven't tried NextPVR v5. I normally wait until v x.1 at least!  ....and, well, I don't have to...

I uninstalled v3.3.18 and installed v3.3.15 (in addons\packages folder as you said) and it just works. I set the pre buffer time to 12 seconds (to avoid the 'image cracking up error' discussed in other thread from a while ago). I think that I had to do this. It was certainly set to that before.

So, I'll probably hold tight on v3.3.15 for now and go to NextPVR v5 when fully released and >= v.3.3.18.

Thanks,

Darren.
(2020-02-05, 23:49)DPGr Wrote: Hi Martin,

A quick update:

I haven't tried NextPVR v5. I normally wait until v x.1 at least!  ....and, well, I don't have to...

I uninstalled v3.3.18 and installed v3.3.15 (in addons\packages folder as you said) and it just works. I set the pre buffer time to 12 seconds (to avoid the 'image cracking up error' discussed in other thread from a while ago). I think that I had to do this. It was certainly set to that before.

So, I'll probably hold tight on v3.3.15 for now and go to NextPVR v5 when fully released and >= v.3.3.18.

Thanks,

Darren.
I am having a similar issue with NPVR 3.3.18. When I try to play my TV Recordings, it takes about 10 seconds or more before it starts. During the time it plays, The recording freezes (buffering) for a few seconds and then fast forwards to the point where the few seconds ended. This happens two or three times each time I play a TV Recording. But when I play the same TV Recording directly from the TV Folder in Windows it plays normally using KODI but not from KODI's Recording Menu.

How were you able to download the 3.3.15 addon and from where? 

I thought it was my Windows installation Windows 10 Pro after I restored it from a backup. I deleted and installed KODI twice with no success, But then I deleted the NPVR addon and reinstalled it again but still had the same issue but it did work a little bit better.
Forgot to mention I have the latest Leia version 18.5 installed.
Deleted ADDON NPVR.zip file 3.3.18 from APPDATA - ROAMING - KODI - PACKAGES and copied 3.3.15 & 4.30.

But KODI would automatically download and install 3.3.18 and when I try to install manually 3.3.15 or 4.30 I get "failed installation" error.

But for some reason, with those two extra zip files in the Package folder, When I click on a TV Recording it takes about 30-40 seconds to start. But once it starts and I don't close KODI program, from that point on all my TV Recordings starts normally without any lag.

But every time I start KODI I need to wait the first time I click on a TV Recording.

I don't know why KODI keeps failing to install from a ZIP file even with "Unknown Sources" enabled.
You screwed things up best bet is completely uninstall and install properly.  Recording playback did not change except for improved playback on in progress recordings 3.3.18 so you should have posted logs. 

I posted a video of Kodi buffering in this thread that is not related to the addon which may be what you are seeing too and that is outside the add-ons control

Martin
KODI NPVR ADDON has been updated to 3.3.19 recently.
Yes it fixes an issue with skipping while paused in live TV in v5.  It began rolling out a few days ago but didn't make LE.

Note there really is no such thing as NPVR it is NextPVR and the addon is pvr-nextpvr

For closure on @elstaci issue this was solved on the NextPVR forum and it was a backend configuration not related to the addon.

Martin
(2020-01-29, 22:43)DPGr Wrote: Is anyone else having problems with the NextPVR PVR plugin v3.3.18?

I had no issues with v3.3.15 but as soon as I got automatically upgraded to v3.3.17 and then v3.3.18 I started having buffering issues.

I tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and rebooting but that hasn't fixed things.

The problem is that it seems to ignore the settings when playing live TV, at least regarding buffering time. It then starts playing live TV before it should, plays for a few seconds and then buffers for about 8 seconds. This is what it normally does but there have been many variations, like playing for minutes and then buffering, playing for a second and buffering again. It is the same for both the Timeshift and Extended Timeshift options.

I have looked through the Kodi and NextPVR forums and can't find anyone else having the same problem.

I'm in the UK with DVB-T2, Kodi 18.5 and NextPVR 4.2.5. No other Kodi or NextPVR addons apart from one to configure buttons on the remote in Kodi. The PC is a very clean Windows 10 build, nothing but Kodi and NextPVr.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren.
Sorry to necro this post, but I'm having the same problem when enabling Timeshift - in particular the video usually plays for a few seconds and then buffers for about 8 seconds each time a channel is changed - very frustrating!

I'm running Kodi 18.8, NextPVR 5.0.8.200823, and the NextPVR PVR Client addon 3.3.21. No other add-ons are installed. Any idea how to stop that happening?

Travis
(2020-09-04, 04:58)MadCat0001 Wrote: Sorry to necro this post, but I'm having the same problem when enabling Timeshift - in particular the video usually plays for a few seconds and then buffers for about 8 seconds each time a channel is changed - very frustrating!

I'm running Kodi 18.8, NextPVR 5.0.8.200823, and the NextPVR PVR Client addon 3.3.21. No other add-ons are installed. Any idea how to stop that happening?

Travis

The op's issue was with v4 you are using v5.   Check in setting that your Timeshift buffer is 0 or 1 seconds and if the problem continues we need the kodi debug logs.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR PVR plugin v3.3.180