new NAS new questions
Hello everyone, 

Have some storage expention this week and have some question with this one.....
First of all, I use my old NAS to store my kodi db and centralize it, but with this newscomer, I want to switch my db from the old one to the new one, but I'm a bit ewbee on db anddon't really know how to copy my entire db on the new NAS......

Second thing, I use kodi from many player (smartphone, pc, shield tv and connected tv) but on each of this device kodi backup fanarts, cover and more, many space for only one library, more other each of this device have thumbs on everyone.....
So is it possible to store all this files on only one centralized folder on a NASHuh
(2020-01-31, 15:04)MrPatate Wrote: but I'm a bit ewbee on db anddon't really know how to copy my entire db on the new NAS......
There are tools to export the database into a 'dump' file, usually a .sql file. You can create the export file with any decent MySQL client tool, such as PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench. Don't forget to tick the "Include Create Schema" option in Workbench (no idea what it's called in PHPMyAdmin), otherwise the database tables are not (re)created. The dump file you can later use as an import file onto your new NAS.

Storing the thumbnails in a centralized location is not impossible via pathsubstitution, but for unknown reasons it will not work for everyone. Also, GUI screens could become slower when thumbnails are being read from a network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new NAS new questions0