• 33(current)
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips?
I did, very briefly, try the Amlogic... but got distracted with other things.
At that time, the Amlogic wasnt very well supported, and the instructions/manuals I got were in chinese... probably changed by now though.
¤ [McGeagh] ¤
OK, definitively I'm gonna buy the cheapest 8726 gadget I can find and give it some try. Thanks for the tips guys.

PS: McGeagh , what Amlogic device you tried exactly?
* davilla smiles
madmalkav Wrote:OK, definitively I'm gonna buy the cheapest 8726 gadget I can find and give it some try. Thanks for the tips guys.

PS: McGeagh , what Amlogic device you tried exactly?

It wasnt a 'device' but a devboard
I dont have it anymore, but hopefully will get another soon, and will prob work on xbmc for it... but time is slim atm. 2hrs a week perhaps is all i can muster at the moment.
¤ [McGeagh] ¤
McGeagh Wrote:It wasnt a 'device' but a devboard
I dont have it anymore, but hopefully will get another soon, and will prob work on xbmc for it... but time is slim atm. 2hrs a week perhaps is all i can muster at the moment.

Can you point me to where to get an Amlogic devboard ? Have been mailing them without receving any respones.
Just get a pandaboard and plan to run XBMC on it. Could any one here please help:
1. where to download the great and latest xbmc code for pandaboard?
2. what is the known working(or with good performance) xbmc configure command option?
3. which kernel or OS should be used? I'm now trying the headless ubuntu from: http://omappedia.org/wiki/OMAP_Ubuntu_Main In order to achieve performance, does anyone has any other suggestions?
@hfkou:
wow I'm trying too right now.. my first step was to use this tut:
http://schnere.bveml.net/de/content/howt...idmaverick
(sorry - german) with the git source
Code:
git clone https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc.git
the used git copy worked for me and I succeed with compiling xbmc on the pandaboard. BUT:
just run
Code:
./configure
and the xbmc is real unuseable - lags at all.
Next step I took was to run
Code:
./configure --enable-gles --disable-optical-drive --disable-vdpau
which compiles right fine after installing the needed "libgles2-sgx-omap4-dev...". But the start of the xbmc just failed with a segfault:
Code:
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x003c14ea in CMatrixGLES::MultMatrixf(float const*) ()
Next step I'm going to take is to use the original xbmc git
Code:
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
but compiling really needs a lot of time ^^
I discovered the Segfault issue on boot in CMatrixGLES::MultMatrixf(float const*) as well. If you look at the code, you will see that there is an NEON optimized version and a standard CPP version. The issue is in the NEON code. You should be able to turn on the cpp code and it will then boot fine.

XBMC runs well, although there are issues when playing a dvd image at a full 1080p. If you run it at 720p, there are no issues. I must say, it is much better than Totem movie player.
Humm, pandaboard has a NEON enabled arm. That code does not seem to be having issues with ios so I wonder what the problem could be.
dw21, would you mind sharing some of your building experience? My German is a little bit rusty Smile
dw21 Wrote:I discovered the Segfault issue on boot in CMatrixGLES::MultMatrixf(float const*) as well. If you look at the code, you will see that there is an NEON optimized version and a standard CPP version. The issue is in the NEON code. You should be able to turn on the cpp code and it will then boot fine.

XBMC runs well, although there are issues when playing a dvd image at a full 1080p. If you run it at 720p, there are no issues. I must say, it is much better than Totem movie player.

Wait until we tap into the hw decoder and the hw overlay stuff Wink then it ought to do 1080p.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
@christian667

I have tried the XBMC-PVR odk38 from opdenkamp's GIT in a Tegra2 (ARM) devboard. It works but not smoothly, specially the PVR stuff.
using the 11.04 netbook & headless ubuntu image: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/OMAP
I can build xbmc on pandaboard, but somehow, the top half of the HDMI's display keep flashing all the time, I can see the trash bin move around during its flashing, does any one see the similar issue as well? I tried both netbook and headless images at 11.04 version, same result. The board I have is pandaboard A3.
I can confirm it looks like the segfault issue has been resolved in the latest git updates. I did an update and a newbuild it launches fine.
I just stumbled upon this nice thread from mid May 2011 worth reading as it explains the current status of the Pandaboard and the SGX graphics hardware as well as which company works on which 'module':
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emb...board/1938
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux port to ARM architecture CPU and SoC chips?7