Solved Movie sets not updating with existing .nfo.
I hope I am in the right place, 

I have noticed that movie sets do not get scraped by Kodi when existing nfo-files are present, would it be possible to remedy this or is it the scraper that should be addressed? 

Tried both TMDB and Universal and they just do not gather the set data with existing nfo's. 
Not that a big issue to remove them and regenerate with Kodi but usually I add nfo-files to my library with IMDB information so that the correct movie is scraped and it does not include set info. 

//Furhat
NFO files and local artwork have priority in Kodi. When they are not found, then Kodi scrapes online.

If your nfo files do not have movie set information, then no movie sets will be created.

Nothing to remedy at our end as this is expected behaviour. The only remedy required is at your end by fixing or deleting your nfo files.

I suppose the big question is why your nfo files do not have movie set information in the first place? How did you create them? If you used a media manager, then speak to the media manager author about the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Like I said, no real big issue. 
But I would expect that missing information from the nfo would be scraped online to the DB. 
Never mind. 

//Furhat
(2020-02-02, 23:12)furhat Wrote: But I would expect that missing information from the nfo would be scraped online to the DB. 
Nope, never going to happen. It is just a can of worms. What about if you changed the data in Kodi from the context menu or using the Metadata Editor addon. If we use you method, it will keep overwriting or replacing the changes you keep making.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
(2020-02-02, 23:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 23:12)furhat Wrote: But I would expect that missing information from the nfo would be scraped online to the DB. 
Nope, never going to happen. It is just a can of worms. What about if you changed the data in Kodi from the context menu or using the Metadata Editor addon. If we use you method, it will keep overwriting or replacing the changes you keep making. 

Actually just tested adding only IMDB-url in the .nfo and low and behold it scrapes all the missing information. 
So I will do that in the future instead.

//Furhat
A question arises after reading the wiki, if I would have included the URL in my existing nfo's, would Kodi interpret the nfo as mixed and thus adding the missing information?
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Combination_nfo

//Furhat
It should. Try it.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie sets not updating with existing .nfo.0