Screen Tearing in Ubuntu Mate
I'm getting screen tearing while playing back h264 1080p files on N4000 gemini lake cpu in Ubuntu Mate.

I tried with Windows 10 but no screen tearing.

https://paste.kodi.tv/dubolaraqa
Don't use mate, thanks.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I don't see what difference Mate makes.  What drivers are you using?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Turn of your Composite Manager if one is one. Also check you are using the correct video driver. A proprietary one will give you better performance than the open source ones in most cases
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
(2020-02-10, 02:36)gary9872 Wrote: Turn of your Composite Manager if one is one. Also check you are using the correct video driver. A proprietary one will give you better performance than the open source ones in most cases

if one is ON.
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
(2020-02-10, 02:36)gary9872 Wrote: Turn of your Composite Manager if one is one. Also check you are using the correct video driver. A proprietary one will give you better performance than the open source ones in most cases
I will try changing the video driver. Thanks for your suggestion.
Maybe you have the same problems as i had, Here is the solution i found in an other thread here:
Intel tearing problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Tearing in Ubuntu Mate0