Kodi character set
Hi,

What character set is Kodi using, I am trying to find relevant symbols for a menu, i note that EF928A is rendered as a "cog wheel/settings symbol" and EF849D as a "power symbol" when put in an item label. Where can I find a full list of the symbols (other than rendering all of them through Kodi)?

Cheers,
S
I'm not sure what you are mean. Do you mean special characters / symbols of a font?

If yes:
It depends on the used font of the skin.
Estuary is using Noto Sans, other skins are using something different.
Since a lot of skins have multiple font support for Asian letters for example, I highly suggest you to use a own font for icons like Font Awesome or https://materialdesignicons.com/ (that's what I'm using)
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2020-02-06, 13:57)sualfred Wrote: I'm not sure what you are mean. Do you mean special characters / symbols of a font?

If yes:
It depends on the used font of the skin.
Estuary is using Noto Sans, other skins are using something different.
Since a lot of skins have multiple font support for Asian letters for example, I highly suggest you to use a own font for icons like Font Awesome or https://materialdesignicons.com/ (that's what I'm using)
Thanks, that set me on the right track. I wanted to add another button (open android settings - StartAndroidActivity("", "android.settings.SETTINGS")) to an existing skin (Pellucid). I used Nexus Font to look at the character map of the font used in the skin.

Cheers,
S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi character set0