• 36(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
(2022-04-04, 10:01)hentai23 Wrote:
(2022-01-29, 11:55)hentai23 Wrote: ok still am yet to get dsplayer to play vob aka dvd files tho, dsplayer 17.6

anyone? also as said an update would be neat

I had a problem with DSPlayer playing certain files, and I think what I did, was add the extension in the options of DSPlayer. I’m pretty sure there was a files section, and you would add .vob in there.
(2022-04-04, 10:01)hentai23 Wrote:
(2022-01-29, 11:55)hentai23 Wrote: ok still am yet to get dsplayer to play vob aka dvd files tho, dsplayer 17.6

anyone? also as said an update would be neat
You handle file types through playercorefactory.xml.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
dont work for me ...
Is anyone able to use this build to passthrough HDR?  I had been using with HDR -> SDR tonemapping by MadVR but now want to just passthrough the HDR but it does not seem to be doing it correctly?  If I use a standalone player like MPC everything works fine and HDR signal is passed through correctly so I assume it is an issue with Kodi or DSPlayer?  I know I can use a newer version of Kodi with an external player but is there anyway to keep using this version?  I really like the ability to save where I am in a movie if I need to stop for a bit.
(2022-08-12, 12:34)FenceMan Wrote: Is anyone able to use this build to passthrough HDR?  I had been using with HDR -> SDR tonemapping by MadVR but now want to just passthrough the HDR but it does not seem to be doing it correctly?  If I use a standalone player like MPC everything works fine and HDR signal is passed through correctly so I assume it is an issue with Kodi or DSPlayer?  I know I can use a newer version of Kodi with an external player but is there anyway to keep using this version?  I really like the ability to save where I am in a movie if I need to stop for a bit.
FYI, the newest build of Kodi doesn't even need an external player to pass through HDR.  I am using Kodi DSplayer 17.6 on my downstairs HTPC with a 1050 ti and the 442.74 driver version just fine.  Upstairs I have my 3090 and its running the newest drivers and I could run DSPlayer with HDR passthrough but its buggy and after every HDR show my colors get all washed out and I have to restart Kodi to fix it.  I ended up going to Kodi 19.4 upstairs with HDR and I can't really notice a difference except it takes a bit longer to go in to HDR mode.  I am sure it is not as accurate ad MadVR but it is a lot more usable.  It says it can't play Dolby Vision files but mine seems to handle them just fine.
Well I want to be able to keep MadVR.  So it is possible to use 17.7 DSplayer with MadVR and pass HDR through?  When I do that I get washed out picture as if it is not sending something correctly?
(2022-08-12, 15:34)FenceMan Wrote: Well I want to be able to keep MadVR.  So it is possible to use 17.7 DSplayer with MadVR and pass HDR through?  When I do that I get washed out picture as if it is not sending something correctly?

You would need to change your madvr settings HDR settings to passthrough HDR to display.  It should work, you may need to update your madvr and madvrhdrmeasure version.  The washing out happens after you stop the video, it is like it can't return to SDR without you force closing the program.  This isn't usually a problem in players like MPC-HC or other players but Kodi never closes so it becomes an issue.
It does not work.

I am not talking about the issue with switching back to SDR from HDR, that is solved with newer MadVR builds.

I am talking about it not sending correct HDR information so the picture ends up completely wrong.
I will ask again, has anyone been able to verify setting MadVR to HDR passthrough works correctly with Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer?
(2022-08-12, 16:10)FenceMan Wrote: I will ask again, has anyone been able to verify setting MadVR to HDR passthrough works correctly with Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer?

I use it with 17.6 DSPlayer (I mean, I use madVR tonemapping but passthrough works perfectly) and I don't think anything in 17.7 changed the way madVR is used.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Been using 17.6 for awhile but thought I would try 17.7.
Extracted Filters005 - installed LAV Filter/xysubfilter.
Installed 17.7 Bettergui007 - ran the helper to create playercorefactory.xml. Ran Media rules Help, created mediasconfig.xml.  Checked both of these files and they are there and seem ok.
Madvr obviously already installed.

But nothing I play uses the madvr player. Tried setting it up on a different Windows machine, same result. Any ideas?
(2022-11-18, 03:40)jimbobjones Wrote: But nothing I play uses the madvr player. Tried setting it up on a different Windows machine, same result. Any ideas?

Do you have DSPlayer selected as default player? Maybe it's a dumb question, don't take offense.
(2022-11-18, 14:14)ashlar Wrote:
(2022-11-18, 03:40)jimbobjones Wrote: But nothing I play uses the madvr player. Tried setting it up on a different Windows machine, same result. Any ideas?

Do you have DSPlayer selected as default player? Maybe it's a dumb question, don't take offense.

As created by the Helper, playercorefactory.xml lists DSPlayer as the player to play the relevant file types (mkv,mp4, etc), and madvr is listed as the renderer. Not sure I need to change it anywhere else?
(2022-11-18, 23:17)jimbobjones Wrote: As created by the Helper, playercorefactory.xml lists DSPlayer as the player to play the relevant file types (mkv,mp4, etc), and madvr is listed as the renderer. Not sure I need to change it anywhere else?

There's a setting under Settings/Player/DSPlayer where you select the default player.

Don't remember how and if it interacts with playercorefactory.xml but it might be wort a shot.
This is awesome! Muuch better picture with madvr aand ac3filter! If it only played DVD and blu-ray images it would be perfect.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8