• 1(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
Star 

Latest versions:

2020-02-29 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BetterGUI007

2022-02-15 v005 External Filters x64 Bundle

Downloads

- DOWNLOAD KODI 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI007 | Windows x64 (Alternative Mirror: Dropbox)

External Filters x64 Bundle (LAV Filters x64, XySubFilter x64, AC3Filter x64)

- DOWNLOAD External Filters x64 Bundle v005 | Windows x64 (Alternative Mirror: Dropbox)

Quick Install:
- Create a folder named C:\DirectShowFilters_x64\ and extract the 4 folders from inside zip file right in this created folder.
- Have a look inside the folders, for example C:\DirectShowFilters_x64\LAVFilters_x64\
There you can find easy access files for install/uninstall/registry-clean
- AC3Filter is of course only optional - not everyone needs it
Example:

Based on Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer x64 GIT 13194ec by aracnoz

Changes

• Fixed: Broken picture size and format auto detection communication between Kodi DSPlayer and madVR (When using zoom and/or vertical shift):
    Reworked picture size / postition / aspect ratio communication with madVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2922196)
    (Now uses madshi's official madVR API commands. Thanks @madshi for the great info on the API!)
  • Some smaller fixes from the original Kodi 17.6 GIT (7e52c1d)
    Old Kodi DSPlayer was based on 17.6 Krypton (3d81a2b) 2017-11-13
    Now up to date with 17.6 Krypton (7e52c1d) 2018-02-12 (last commit ever for Kodi 17)
  • Updated libbluray from libbluray-1.0.0-x64 to libbluray-1.0.2-x64
  • Some changes to defaults "system\settings\settings.xml" (seek steps, hq scalers 20 to 0, screensaver disabled by default, gui sounds disabled by default, forced madvrsettingswithkodi=never (prevents crashes), forced madVR config set to "madVR decide/tray icon settings", ...)
  • Changed default settings of DSPlayer to force default to MadVR tray settings to fix crashes with newer versions of MadVR
  • Fixed: AddonsManager: Addon repositories sometimes are not checked for updates because Kodi thinks nothing has changed (repo checksum bug)
  • AddonsManager -> Updates: Show "Update all" button when there are 1 or more updates available (was "2 or more" before)

Additional changes/backports:

Version history

2020-02-29 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI007
  • Updated libraries: Bumped libcurl from 7.52.1 to 7.61.1 & openssl from 1.0.2k to 1.0.2u (dated 2019-12-20)
    This should fix the very specific x64 ssl/curl bug (and therefore youtube and repo connection problems) only(!) when using modern Intel CPU (See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14777)
  • Updated library: Changed zlib from "zlib-1.2.11-x64-vc140.7z" to custom "zlib-1.2.11-x64-v141.zip" (Should be safer, even i could not reproduce a bug, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14109)
  • Hide EVR video renderer settings in "Video Settings Dialog" when madVR video renderer is used (which should be 99.9% of all cases)
  • Updated some localization strings for DSPlayer
  • Context menu on video items now always shows "Play from here" and "Play only this" (Workaround for "automatically play next video" related bugs which Kodi has to this date)
  • Minor stuff, including: Corrected build/application copyright/company name from "XBMC-Foundation" to "XBMC Foundation" (Has been changed in newer Kodi versions)

2020-02-20 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI006
  • ! New/reworked features (Please read carefully!):
    Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> Activate DSPlayer: Rules management -> ! Helper: Create example player rule
    Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> Activate DSPlayer: Rules management -> Player Rules [Editor]

This replaces the old "VideoPlayer merits" feature which sadly was buggy and not an ideal approach in itself.
    Kodi DSPlayer now defaults to the default players (VideoPlayer, PAPlayer) like Original Kodi would to avoid all the compatbility issues with Live-TV and media which is not suited for DSPlayer.
    To enable DSPlayer, you can now easily add a simple rule via the self explanatory player rules editor.
    You can use "! Helper: Create example player rule" to create an example player rule which is a good starting point (read help texts)

Side notes: Using Original Kodi defaults and only selectively creating a simple rule for all your DSPlayer-enabling-needs should be the better way to go and lead to avoiding many incompatibility issues right from the start.
    The new approach most likely will be less confusing than the old default "Just use DSPlayer for EVERYTHING" approach which resulted in many people wondering why LiveTV and other stuff did not work correctly anymore.
  • ! New feature (Please read carefully!):
    Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> Filters -> Filters management -> Media rules and Filters configuration -> ! Helper: Create example media rule
    See help text: "This helper creates an example media rule for initial configuration (using external LAVFilters+XySubFilter) which you can then find under "Media rules [Editor]". External LAVFilters+XySubFilter have to be installed/registered on your system!"
  • Added some code improvements/sanity checks for player name case sensitivity (DSPlayer, VideoPlayer, PAPlayer)
  • Removed core dependency addon "service.xbmc.versioncheck" which showed unnecessary update notifications like "Kodi 18 is available".
    You can now uninstall the addon if you also have it installed in your userdata folder.
  • Updated/changed/added some localization strings for DSPlayer
  • Fixed some Kodi application png icons (Simple backport from Kodi 18+)
  • Replaced Kodi Krypton splash screen with a modern simple Kodi logo on black background splash screen (Visually better and saves ~1,7MB of wasted installer/build space)

2020-02-13 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI005
  • "Cleanup LAV Source Splitter audio and subtitle subtitle track names [...]" from BETTERGUI004 build (see above changelog) now also works for the old internal LAVFilters, not only for external LAVFilters

2020-02-13 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI004
  • Removed more items/code of the old Kodi DSPlayer<>madVR settings sync which should now be fully removed ("Fullscreen exclusive mode", "Delay playback until render queue is full" etc.).
    Everything can now be set up in madVR itself without Kodi DSPlayer interfering
    Also: Removed "script.madvrsettings" and "repository.dsplayer" addons from being part to the core install. You can uninstall them now if you still have them installed via your userdata.
  • Fixed display of language name in "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD" when using regular "VideoPlayer" (= when not using "DSPlayer" as a player). Now identical to Kodi internal selector when using regular VideoPlayer.
  • Cleanup LAV Source Splitter audio and subtitle subtitle track names for "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD" (better usability). Please enable "Show stream details from selected splitter" in DSPlayer settings.
    Also: Shortened display of audio language for certain situations: Before: English (United States) Now: English
    Also: Removed cluttered additional "(X/X)" track count for "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD"
    Example (Before = cluttered usability mess):
    Code:
    Before: Director's Commentary [eng] (dts-hd hra, 48000 Hz, 11 Channels, 1280 kb/s) (3/3)
    Now: Director's Commentary [eng] (dts-hd hra, 11ch)
  • Moved "Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer" menu item to to the top of the menu list under "Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player" (Before: At the end of the menu list)
  • Renamed some sections/groups/items in DSPlayer settings (better label choices): Before: Zoom Now: OSD, Split up Video and Audio Renderer sections with separate labels
  • Misc: Permanently disabled internal old "Audio DSP" addons for Kodi 17 core. This has been completely removed right after the release of KODI 17 because functionality has been unfinished/broken.

2020-02-06 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI003
  • Initial release: See "Changes" at the top of the page

Information on using Filters (Internal vs External)

Updating the internal LAVFilters+XySubFilter is not recommended for multiple reasons - so i left them at the known old versions.

! Highly recommended: Switch to using external filters:

If you want to be up to date with todays newer versions of LAVFilters + XySubFilter it's in any case _highly_ recommended that you switch to external filters by using
Kodi DSPlayer "Filters management" setting "Media rules and Filters configuration"
while adding just one "Media rule" for all files with setting File types: . (just a dot in the File type field) with the external updated versions of LAVFilters (LAV Source Filter, LAV Splitter, LAV Video Decoder, LAV Audio Decoder) + XySubFilter chosen.
See this External Filters Example Screenshot

! Update 2020-02-20: Beginning from build #006 you can now use the new function under
Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> Filters -> Filters management -> Media rules and Filters configuration -> ! Helper: Create example media rule

This helper creates an example media rule for initial configuration (using external LAVFilters+XySubFilter) which you can then find under "Media rules [Editor]". External LAVFilters+XySubFilter have to be installed/registered on your system!

! Remarks on why the internal LAVFilters shouldn't just be overwritten/updated with newer versions:
The internal LAVFilters are custom compiled versions by aracnoz which have some changed code. If you just overwrite them with "regular" newer LAVFilters versions, there will be internal communication errors between DSPlayer and the falsely updated "internal" LAVFilters.
Videos will still play in many cases, but there will be internal errors because of the missing custom-code-changes and some things just won't function correctly anymore. (Like the tray settings callback) ...and that's just something that you would not want to have if you want a really correct robust build.
The clean and future-proof way therefore is to just switch to external filters. It's really easy with some basic technical knowledge.

Feedback and a "thumbs up" Rofl welcome :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Lightbulb 
Collection of general (maybe) helpful Information on Kodi DSPlayer<>madVR setups

• Strange (cosmetic) video stutter in Kodi DSPlayer+madVR when opening the Kodi GUI itself (VideoOSD or DialogSeekbar for example) on top of the playing madVR video

On DSPLayer<>madVR setups (even higher end) which have perfectly working frame rate switching (and no dropped frames for hours) i noticed that the otherwise perfectly smooth/in-sync video slightly begins to visually stutter as soon as Kodi displays any of it's own GUI on top of the video.

In most cases you most probably will sometimes want to open VideoOSD on top of the playing video. ...or the Kodi GUI shows up for ~3 seconds after you seek around in the video. This leads to said strange visual video stutter (_no_ dropped frames) as long as you have the Kodi GUI showing/open.
As soon as the Kodi GUI/VideoOSD/whatever is hidden again the stutter is gone instantly.

It's purely cosmetic, but on high end setups this just feels broken and not "retail-ish", so i ended up searching for a fix:

- Go to madVR tray settings -> rendering -> windowed mode -> "when and how shall the GPU be flushed:"   Change "...after D3D presentation" to "flush"   (Default: "don't flush")
- Go to madVR tray settings -> rendering -> exclusive mode -> "when and how shall the GPU be flushed:"   Change "...after D3D presentation" to "flush"   (Default: "don't flush")

This has fixed the problem instantly on 3 high end setups i tested it on (all Win10 x64 + Intel CPU + AMD GPU)

• LAV Video Decoder: Preferred decoder setting "D3D11" + "Automatic (Native)" (D3D11 requires Windows 8 or higher)

On the Windows 10 x64 systems i tested on, i had best results when using the "D3D11" + "Automatic (Native)" video decoder setting and not the other settings like DXVA2.
With DXVA2 i had very strange banding issues in certain special picture situations when outputting to the BT.709 display. These issues were directly tied to using DXVA2 instead of D3D11 on my setup. At first i did not even notice the issues because they are not clearly visible in every situation.

Of course i can only speak from my testing, but according to the tests i have the strong feeling that even if you might think you have not noticed issues with DXVA2 on your setup yet, you might be better off with "D3D11" + "Automatic (Native)" if you have the chance to use it (D3D11 requires Windows 8 or higher).

• Windows Defender slowing down Kodi (escpecially running Python addons/scripts) - FIX

For a long time i assumed that Kodi's internal Python and Kodi itself working slower on Windows than on LibreELEC/Linux was purely due to platform limitations.

I already had added an exclusion for my complete Kodi directory to Windows Defender exceptions (C:\Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64) a long time ago with no success regarding Kodi python addons delays. (expecially starting script.extendedinfo for the first time after reboot took up to 12(!) seconds when doing an "extended info" on a movie)

Only after it revisited the problem much later i found out that i had to not only add the directory (as mentioned above) as an exclusion, but also the process name itself: kodi.exe (or whatever your kodi.exe file is named)

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...s-security
> Add exclusion -> process -> kodi.exe
(Disclaimer: This disables Windows defender for all .exe files with said name. Only do this if you know what you are doing.)

Result: The Kodi python addons delays are finally gone. First run of "Extended Info" of a movie after reboot now is almost as quick as under Linux (~1sec).

This information may apply to other AV-software, but since i only use Windows Defender on Win10 x64 "HTCP-Only" setups, it can only speak for my personal testing results.

⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Great stuff and will be following this thread.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hi, fantasitc to see some dev on this build, and excllent work.  i'll certainly be testing this again fully this weekend and moving to it permanently if everything is working, couple of questions:

Have you embedded the latest LAV filters in this build?

What oher plans do you have with this build, i'd certainly love to see it simplified by removing all MADVR settings out of it just leaving the rendering / player selection as there is some overlap with the settings which can cause minor issues of items turning on and off again, ideally it would be better to just removed the save with database option and just have it read straight from the MADVR settings.
If you want, you could use this link to my own pre-configured external filters files:

DSPlayer External Filter Configuration Files

These same files are linked in the DSPlayer set up guide:

222576 (thread)

I added a link to this thread in the first section of that guide.

P.S. I haven't had any issues in updating the internal versions of LAV Filters in the past; other than some cut-off checkboxes due to poor GUI scaling. But I have had a better experience using external copies of LAV Filters and XySubFilters, anyways. It is much easier to update LAV Filters this way, and the madVR performance is identical to using the internal filters.
me neither, i just copy them over and they work fine, I just wondered if they'd been update in the build.
This is really really appreciated.

Thank you.
(2020-02-07, 17:29)Warner306 Wrote: If you want, you could use this link to my own pre-configured external filters files:

Hi, so I can just copy these to files over the top of my current files and thats it setup?

*\system\players\dsplayer
Very nice, very nice! Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I'll test properly later but do you think this version will help with problem where MadVR/DSPlayer sometimes don't engage HDR when starting playback of HDR material?  I'm on the old x86 DSPlayer at the moment and the only real problem I have with is that sometimes, I have to stop and start a HDR movive 3-4 times before HDR gets switched on.
Hi, I've not heard of that bug before, mine has always toggled first time, rock solid. AMD cards have always been good with HDR toggling, are you AMD / NVIDIA / INTEL?
(2020-02-07, 18:16)mclingo Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 17:29)Warner306 Wrote: If you want, you could use this link to my own pre-configured external filters files:

Hi, so I can just copy these to files over the top of my current files and thats it setup?

*\system\players\dsplayer  

Overwrite the copies in your userdata folder.

You first need to install the x64 version of XySubFilter in Windows. Those configuration files will then reference the system versions of LAV Filters and XySubFilter installed in Windows. Of course, you need to also configure DSPlayer to use external filters with media rules.
I have a feeling, this will now be the Dsplayer goto thread - well done, and thanks for the effort, wherever it leads.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2020-02-07, 18:35)mclingo Wrote: Hi, I've not heard of that bug before, mine has always toggled first time, rock solid. AMD cards have always been good with HDR toggling, are you AMD / NVIDIA / INTEL?

Derp, I should have mentioned that, I'm on an Nvidia 1080Ti.  Win10 1909 x64, latest Nvidia driver (442.19).  1080Ti is connected to a Denon AVR-X2500H via HDMI and then to a Samsung QE65Q7FN also by HDMI.  It works more often that it doesn't but like I say, sometimes have to stop/start a few times before HDR engages.
Thanks for keeping the torch lit. Even if it's not a new "version" of Kodi DSPlayer, it's great to see some love for DSPlayer in general.

Edit: is source available somewhere?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
hi, noticed a couple of issues of note.

3D works but it seems a big buggy on stop, sometimes I get a black screen and I have to shift and tab to regain focus on it so it comes back, it doesnt does this every time. 

One thing that is a bit annoying that just started happening randomly after it crashed, now when I play a movie I get two info screens before it plays, a full screen info screen with a resulme button and loads of info about the movie and then when I press play again I then get the normal play resule screen. I've never seen this before. 

Kodi crashed when playing a HDR movie, however it might have been caused by my hard disk spinning up as it hasnt done it again, but this is when the above issue started, it might be something i can turn off but as i've never seen this before I dont know how to do it.

i actually prefer the full screen play/resume screen actually but we dont want both, i tried it with some other skins, same issue for me, anyone else?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8