• 18(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
(2020-03-18, 13:43)spencerjford Wrote: but madvr upscales 720p and 1080p to 4k so much better. than dvdplayer.  even looks better if only using 1080p.  But, each to his own.   You'd have to edit playercore factory to achieve what you ant, not advancedsettings.xml.

totally yeah, if anything its the wrong way around, you could get away with playing 4k stuff in the normal player as it wont need any extra processing to make it look good, all of the lower quality stuff should be played in MADVR. I cant think of any reason why anyone would not want to use MADVR to play something unelsss it was somehow incompatible.

the reason we need the videoplayer is I think some of the streaming stuff wont work with MADVR, really MADVR should be the default player and rules should be set to use the old videoplayer.
I seem to have broken the player core file when trying to set this up to work with MCBE as an external player. Is there a link to the player core file that comes with this install?
How do I set this up to launch powerdvd as an external player when playing 3D? Whenever I try to edit the player core file it breaks my setup and I have to do a new install
Can Someone please tell me how to edit my playercore file so I can open PowerDVD as an external player to play 3D or how to play 3D within Kodi?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <!-- These are compiled-in as re-ordering them would break scripts
    The following aliases may also be used:
      audiodefaultplayer, videodefaultplayer, videodefaultVideoPlayer
    <player name="VideoPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
    <player name="VideoPlayer" /> placeholder for MPlayer
    <player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
    -->
  </players>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="mms/udp" protocols="mms|mmsh|udp" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
    <rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="videodefaultplayer" />

<!-- VideoPlayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="VideoPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Only VideoPlayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to VideoPlayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- pvr radio channels should be played by VideoPlayer because they need buffering -->
    <rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="VideoPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2020-03-25, 04:37)bkrieger Wrote: Can Someone please tell me how to edit my playercore file so I can open PowerDVD as an external player to play 3D or how to play 3D within Kodi?
[...]
Sorry, this is off topic here...there are some how to's in the forum for this...

Additional: madvr is capable of playing 3D stuff, but not with the new nvidia drivers any more as far as I know.
Nvidia disabled 3d framepacking support in newer drivers...
OK, no problem. I’ll take a look and try to find it. I understand that, but I am able to play 3D using PowerDVD18, but would like this version of DS Player to open PowerDVD as an external player.

Additionally, when I attempt to edit the playercore file that installs as default using the version of BetterGui, it seems I am unable to see the screen “play using”. Am I better off going to the playercore file that was used with Warner’s original dsplayer?

Thanks
Hello all, just two questions

-when migrating to this version, should %appdata%\kodi be deleted or can I just reuse my former settup?
-currently with old DSPlayer I also have a problem with PAUSE when resuming (after some seconds of pause) the sound cracks very loud and then there is no sound. Would this also be in this version? I just moved from AMD (never had) to NVIDIA and if this is a generall problem with NVIDIA using bitstream I wonder why not more people have this issue?

Thanks.
1. No, the configuration files will remain unchanged.

2. Don't know. Seems likely any previous issues of that nature with DSPlayer would remain.
Just installed this version - works well. Thank you...

What I miss - really cosmetics... the nice madvr logo at startup as seen on the first page here... 

Is this kind of optional?
@moravec
It's part of the startup fade in function of this skin:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=242892

I can see if i'll replace the regular splash screen as well (which i have always disabled since i like the the startup-fade-in screen of the mentioned skin more)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
That would be great! Thank you.
(2020-03-31, 17:54)moravec Wrote: That would be great! Thank you.

http://nakunana24519x.bplaced.net/_tmp/k...splash.png
Replace your splash screen "splash.png" in your kodi/media/ directory.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Thank you!
No problem
Hello axbmcuser,

Did you see my previous post and could you fix this problem ?
Quote:Any chance to manage "Delay after change of refresh rate" option when using DSPlayer ?
Doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8