Is it possible to integrate Anime4k into KODI?
Is it possible to integrate Anime4k into KODI?

Anime4K is a state-of-the-art*, open-source, high-quality real-time anime upscaling algorithm.

https://github.com/bloc97/Anime4K/
Yes, this is possible when using the Kodi DSPlayer version. Unfortunately it's going to be limited to using the hlsl version, which means it will be slightly outdated and slower compared to the current RC which uses glsl.

You'd have to define the shader in system\players\dsplayer\Shaders\shaders.xml, and then setup a rule in mediasconfig.xml to determine when to enable the shader. I plan to give this a shot and let you know how it goes.
(2020-02-10, 19:30)Mordred Wrote: Yes, this is possible when using the Kodi DSPlayer version. Unfortunately it's going to be limited to using the hlsl version, which means it will be slightly outdated and slower compared to the current RC which uses glsl.

You'd have to define the shader in system\players\dsplayer\Shaders\shaders.xml, and then setup a rule in mediasconfig.xml to determine when to enable the shader. I plan to give this a shot and let you know how it goes.

So, it depends on Windows?
Can it work on iOS/macOS/AndroidTV?
(2020-02-16, 05:14)kirbyzhou Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 19:30)Mordred Wrote: Yes, this is possible when using the Kodi DSPlayer version. Unfortunately it's going to be limited to using the hlsl version, which means it will be slightly outdated and slower compared to the current RC which uses glsl.

So, it depends on Windows?
Can it work on iOS/macOS/AndroidTV? 

Theoretically it's possible in the DSPlayer build for Windows, however I tried it and couldn't get external shaders to do anything (most likely an issue with me or my setup being incorrect). I'm unaware of anyway to do this in any other build or any other platform.
I know this is an old thread, but searching around for recent DSPlayer updates came across this thread and in case anybody else does, there is a DSFilter for Anime4K

https://github.com/TianZerL/Anime4KCPP/w...-in-player

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to integrate Anime4k into KODI?0