Release Generic Artist Scraper

Python based artist scraper for Kodi 19 Matrix (and up).

metadata is fetched from these sources:
  • allmusic
  • discogs
  • musicbrainz
  • theaudiodb
  • wikipedia

artwork is fetched from these sources:
  • allmusic
  • discogs
  • fanart.tv
  • theaudiodb

supported artwork types:
  • banner
  • clearart
  • clearlogo
  • landscape
  • fanart
  • thumbnail

If you have issues with this scraper, please post a Debug Log!
You will receive NO support without a debug log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Fyi. On clean install of Kodi 19 scraper fails to install because it cant resolve beautifulsoup dependancy
thanx, i'll update the beautifulsoup version in our repo:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/1362
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Any caveats when switching from Universal Scraper?
BTW, "Generic" sounds really cheap, why not name it "Basic"/"Allround"/"Smart" Scraper... :-)
(2020-07-11, 00:37)HeresJohnny Wrote: Any caveats when switching from Universal Scraper?

there aren't any known ones at least. but since it's new and not too many people have used it so far i feel there might be a few ones left to discover.

as for the name, guess i'm not that creative when it comes to picking one. 'allround' sounds nice though...
(2020-07-11, 02:46)ronie Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 00:37)HeresJohnny Wrote: Any caveats when switching from Universal Scraper?

there aren't any known ones at least. but since it's new and not too many people have used it so far i feel there might be a few ones left to discover.

as for the name, guess i'm not that creative when it comes to picking one. 'allround' sounds nice though...

I vote Smart Scraper. That sounds so good. And considering all the amazing features and work thats gone into this scraper... It kind of is smart in its own unique way. really fits. BTW, amazing work developing this bro. for the first time litrally all my music got reconised and scraped perfectly. kodi looks really good now thanks to your awsome work. 100% recomend people give this a tryout. so far... works great. the only other thing left that needs working on is that name ;D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generic Artist Scraper0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.