Kodi listing episodes in wrong order when there is 'Part 1' etc in title
Hello

I have a series scanned into Kodi with existing nfo files, however I've noticed that whenever there is something like 'Part 1', 'Part 2' in title, it ignores the episode tag within nfo and incorrectly lists this episode as 1x01.

Example:
I have an episode which is 1x17 and tag correct states <episode>17</episode>. It is titled 'Meditation - Part 1' and therefore Kodi lists this as 1x01 instead of 1x17.

Where am I going wrong please?

Thank you.
Never come across this issue before.

Can you post your tvshow.nfo and episodes 17 and 18 nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the three links here.

Also post a Debug Log which captures you scanning this show. You will need to delete it from the library first.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Episode 17
https://paste.kodi.tv/okazowigur

Episode 18
https://paste.kodi.tv/itemitigul

Debug Log for scan
2020-02-09 08:47:13.418 T:11796 WARNING: CVideoInfoTag::GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '0' as 0 minutes
2020-02-09 08:47:15.016 T:11796 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
2020-02-09 08:47:15.016 T:11796   ERROR: CScraperParser:Tonguearse: Could not find scraper function GetArt
2020-02-09 08:47:15.016 T:11796   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
I need the full log posted to Kodi Paste Site. Those four lines are nothing. Not even remotely related to the issue you reported.

Also need the tvshow.nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Apologies for misunderstanding, but according to timestamp this was all that was logged capturing me scanning the show as per request. I can confirm that I deleted from library first too. I've included further requests below....

Log
https://paste.kodi.tv/umakogimeh.kodi

tvshow.nfo
https://paste.kodi.tv/eyohoruseh
Nope still no good. You have not enabled debug mode in settings>system Settings>logging as explained in step 1 of the guide.

How were these nfo files created? Are you using a media manager? Which one?
My Signature
nfo files were created manually for this particular series. This used to popular just fine and in correct order in older Kodi builds, and I haven't altered the nfo files since then.

Debug Log
https://paste.kodi.tv/asoqilitog.kodi
Yes, they are certainly being misidentified.
xml:
Found episode match F:\TV Series\A Wholly Different Way of Living\115 - Religion and authority - Part 1.mp4 (s1e1) [[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+|[0-9]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$]
Found episode match F:\TV Series\A Wholly Different Way of Living\116 - Religion and authority - Part 2.mp4 (s1e2) [[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+|[0-9]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$]
Found episode match F:\TV Series\A Wholly Different Way of Living\117 - Meditation - Part 1.mp4 (s1e1) [[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+|[0-9]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$]
Found episode match F:\TV Series\A Wholly Different Way of Living\118 - Meditation - Part 2.mp4 (s1e2) [[\/._ -]p(?:ar)?t[_. -]()([ivx]+|[0-9]+)([._ -][^\/]*)$]

You have opted to use a numbering system that is at the bottom of the regex hierarchy list, so is prone to confuse the scraper when other numbers are included in the filename.

Rename all your episode files as shown in the below example:
A Wholly Different Way of Living\S01E18 - Meditation - Part 2.mp4

Also, I have moved this thread to the correct scraper forum.
My Signature
Also, your other unscraped shows seem to be suffering from Item 1e here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
Brilliant, many thanks Karellen, renaming files fixed the issue!

Yeah my library is in a bit of a messy at the moment as haven't given it love and attention in a while, but got some spare time now so trying to fix the issues. Thanks for additional link which answered my very next question... it's like you have a crystal ball!  Big Grin
Great that it is fixed.

My other concern with the NFO files (and the reason I asked) is that you have no UniqueID valued added for the tv show and episodes. This is a required tag and can corrupt your library if it is missing.

If you find that episodes are disappearing and ending up in a different show, that is the reason.
My Signature
Just having a look at all my series now and doesn't appear that any have UniqueID value, although I've not had any episodes disappearing or ending up in different shows (yet), but will know why now if that does happen, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi listing episodes in wrong order when there is 'Part 1' etc in title0