Solved Kodi on LibreElec not able to connect to QNAP NAS (SMB or NFS)
Hi, have a QNAP NAS running fine and connecting OK via my Win10 laptop

Problem is that am trying to setup a Kodi on LibreElec - on Intel NUC and have spent hours trying different things to try and connect and have run out of ideas...

So, on the NAS I have enabled SMB (v1 to 3) and workgroup called WORKGROUP. Created a user called kodi with a simple password. Created a shared folder "MoviesShare" and checked kodi has full access.

On Kodi:
Go into "Videos" choose Add Videos, choose Browse, choose Add network location...
Network location: Windows SMB, enter server name, enter share name, enter username/pwd click OK
click the new entry and get asked for password (screen with title Lock preferences for smb://4Exc-1/MoviesShare/

password entered but returns to the same screen asking for the password

As an alternative, if I click the upnp devices I can see the server and browse the folders but no option to select as the files aren't being seen ( I guess ?)

Would appreciate some tips for how to make some progress
On my Synology NAS I created a "guest" user account with full read/write access to my shared media folders. I can connect to the NAS from my NUCs (running LE) via SMB v2, either by IP address (\\192.168.1.21\media) or by name (\\diskstation\media). It doesn't ask for a username or password.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2020-02-11, 03:43)whysoserious Wrote: On my Synology NAS I created a "guest" user account with full read/write access to my shared media folders. I can connect to the NAS from my NUCs (running LE) via SMB v2, either by IP address (\\192.168.1.21\media) or by name (\\diskstation\media). It doesn't ask for a username or password.
Thanks, will try that out when home. Should be so simple but for some reason I guess there is something maybe in my wider network setup causing problems
OK so the issue turned out to be the NAS - I had to manually enable the kodi user account I created to have access to applications as well as to the files. The application to add was samba. After that it worked
edit: deleted. Missed a section
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on LibreElec not able to connect to QNAP NAS (SMB or NFS)0