(Correctly?) tagged Artist won't display properly
Hi,
I recently bought 3 CD's by one artist and the artist is not displaying/sorting properly.  His name is getting 'squashed' somehow and I can't figure out why?  I'm not sure if it's a 'Music' / skin / scraper problem so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone can help. 

The artist is Colm Mac Con Iomaire.  Please note his name is 4 separate words and his Musicbrainz link is https://musicbrainz.org/artist/56b46e2a-...b5c6f883d9 (also 4 words in his name)

His first 2 albums are listed in Musicbrainz (MB) and I processed them through Picard on a Win10 computer.  The third album is not in MB but I used a music manager to add tags to this album.  According to the 'tag inspector' in said music manager, they all have the same ARTIST/ALBUMARTIST name.  I've also told Kodi to use Album artist name when sorting.

Fig 1: I picked this view because it shows the 'two' artists side-by-side.  The Colm Mac Con Iomaire (spaces) on the left is correct and processed in the music manager, not MB/Picard.  The Colm MacConIomaire (missing spaces) on the right was processed through Picard.

Fig 2: Yet when I play the albums, the artist name is displayed correctly...  Colm Mac Con Iomaire (with spaces)

Fig 3: Finally, here's a screenshot of my recently added/played page.  Again artist name has spaces...

So, in summary, I think I've tagged them correctly - 2 via Picard, 1 via a Win10 music manager.  The artist/album artist tags are identical but the Picard-processed ones don't display properly in some views?  I've checked all my tags and I've clicked every link I can think of on Musicbrainz and I can't see where the 'squashed' artist name Colm MacConIomaire (missing spaces) is coming from?

The only variable I can't account for is that they are FLAC files and using Vorbis tags which I am not familiar with.

(Edit: OSMC-Kodi 18.5, Estuary Skin on a Vero 4K+ 'box')

I'd be grateful for any thoughts/suggestions.

TIA Smile
I think what might be happening is that the artist scraper is getting the alias for Colm from the Musicbrainz site using his MBID. See https://musicbrainz.org/artist/56b46e2a-...d9/aliases for where it's listed like that.  I imagine the one you didn't tag with Picard doesn't have any mbids in the tags ?  The fact they are VORBIS tags shouldn't have any relevance.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks!  I can't believe I missed that alias tab...

In the back of my mind, I knew Kodi reads the MBID first but it's curious that Picard wrote the tags for ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT as Colm Mac Con Iomaire (spaces) but somehow the MBID is Colm MacConIomaire (no spaces).

Here's a screengrab from Picard:

I didn't mention it before but the MBID album title of one of the albums is also wrong.  In the pic above, you can see the data off the CD has the title as "The Hare's Corner (Cúinne an Ghiorria)" (brackets) and Picard agrees with the brackets.  But Musicbrainz (and subsequently Kodi) lists it as "The Hare's Corner / Cúinne an Ghiorria" (no brackets but a slash).

Anyways, good to know it's not a Kodi problem.  Thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Correctly?) tagged Artist won't display properly0