How to start the tv when starting kodi installed on a NUC
Hello,
Since a few years I was using Kodi on a raspberry with OSMC. But often kodi was freezing and I had to restart it. I made differents tests and never found why.
With this installation, when I started the kodi, my Panssonic TV was starting a few second later and I could use the remote control of my TV to navigate into kodi screen.

So now my husband gave me a NUC to make new tests. So I installed kodi with OpenElec. But when I start the NUC, my TV never start by itself and the remote control doesn't work.

Can someone help me or give me ideas to test so that it works the same way as on my raspberry.
Because I don't want to have an additional remote control.

Thanks.
(2020-02-12, 17:07)blackpanthera Wrote: So I installed kodi with OpenElec.

FYI, OpenELEC has been a dead project for more than 3 years now. I recommend changing over to LibreELEC.

(2020-02-12, 17:07)blackpanthera Wrote: Can someone help me or give me ideas to test so that it works the same way as on my raspberry.

Basically, the Raspberry Pi has built-in CEC support, and the NUC (99.9% sure) doesn't have that. CEC is the technology that connects your TV remote to your htpc and vice versa.

You could add the CEC functionality via a USB-CEC adapter from Pulse-Eight. Unfortunately, not all htpc/TV combinations are 100% CEC compliant. Every TV manufacturer seems to have its own ideas of what CEC is supposed to do, if at all, and each of them even has its own name for the same technology.

In simple terms: 'Your mileage may vary'.
(2020-02-12, 19:07)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-02-12, 17:07)blackpanthera Wrote: [font][font]J'ai donc installé kodi avec OpenElec.[/font][/font]

[font][font]Pour info, OpenELEC est un projet mort depuis plus de 3 ans maintenant. [/font][font]Je recommande de passer à LibreELEC.[/font][/font]
(2020-02-12, 17:07)blackpanthera Wrote: [font][font]Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ou me donner des idées à tester pour que cela fonctionne de la même manière que sur ma framboise.[/font][/font]

[font][font]Fondamentalement, le Raspberry Pi a un support CEC intégré, et le NUC (sûr à 99,9%) n'en a pas. [/font][font]CEC est la technologie qui relie la télécommande de votre téléviseur à votre htpc et vice versa. [/font][/font]

[font][font]Vous pouvez ajouter la fonctionnalité CEC via un [/font][/font][font][font]adaptateur USB-CEC de Pulse-Eight[/font][/font][font][font] . [/font][font]Malheureusement, toutes les combinaisons HTPC / TV ne sont pas 100% conformes CEC. [/font][font]Chaque fabricant de téléviseurs semble avoir ses propres idées sur ce que la CEC est censée faire, le cas échéant, et chacun d'eux a même son propre nom pour la même technologie. [/font][/font]

[font][font]En termes simples: «Votre kilométrage peut varier».[/font][/font] 
[font][font]Hello, thank you for this quick response.
I made a mistake and it is LibreElec that I installed. Sorry for this mistake.
I will read information about this CEC feature. Thank you for the link.[/font][/font]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to start the tv when starting kodi installed on a NUC0