PVR WMC Client over Tunneled SMB
Has anyone been able to get the PVR WMC Client going in Kodi over tunneled SMB. I've been able to establish a working tunnel to the Recorded TV folder, and can access the files inside of it using KODI's Video category. I simply add it as a source via, "SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV", and I'm able to see the folder and play files within it.

However I've yet to be able to get KODI to play the same files through the TV category using the, "PVR WMC Client." I've got it going through a tunnel as well, and it will populate the channel lineup and recorded shows complete with all of the descriptive data, but will not actually play any of the files.

I've yet to figure out what it is about the plugin that would enable it to see the, "Recorded TV" folder using an SMB tunnel.

Maybe there are some client side settings which might help with this?
Any news on this.. as I am curious as well
(2020-02-12, 21:40)Windrider2019 Wrote: Has anyone been able to get the PVR WMC Client going in Kodi over tunneled SMB. I've been able to establish a working tunnel to the Recorded TV folder, and can access the files inside of it using KODI's Video category. I simply add it as a source via, "SMB://serverWMC/Recorded TV", and I'm able to see the folder and play files within it.

However I've yet to be able to get KODI to play the same files through the TV category using the, "PVR WMC Client." I've got it going through a tunnel as well, and it will populate the channel lineup and recorded shows complete with all of the descriptive data, but will not actually play any of the files.

I've yet to figure out what it is about the plugin that would enable it to see the, "Recorded TV" folder using an SMB tunnel.

Maybe there are some client side settings which might help with this?
 I am not sure if this is the right answer to your question but here it goes. I was able to setup one ServerWMC computer at my home with hdhomerunprime and Running PfSense Firewall  and then setup Site-to-site OpenVPN connection to 2 other homes using PFSense Firewalls. I have full access to all of Serverwmc and all of its live tv,recordings, etc. It works well 99% of the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR WMC Client over Tunneled SMB0