Simple skins
Are there any skins that have no backgrounds, or art work of any type enabled, or that have the option to disable these features? I myself prefer a simple text menu. Art work within addons is fine, but pictures and icons are a waste of space on my HDD. All my views in Windows are set to list. I find this a much more efficient means of finding files. With icons one must commit to memory what the icon stands for.
Have you tried to not scrape your video collection, but simply use the Videos / Files section instead?

And no, there are no skins as far as I know that have text only, although you could 'hack' your own version of them.
People tend to select Kodi just because of all the fanart and poster stuff.
Confluence might be a good option for you, there are quite a lot of basic skins or what I would call basic.

You can strip a lot of the bells and whistles in the skin settings, you can even just have a black background with list view (crying now)

You want a home theatre, but you want it to look like an Excel spreadsheet (sobs hysterically and goes to lie down and have a nervous breakdown)
(2020-02-13, 10:37)Video Titles Wrote: Confluence might be a good option for you, there are quite a lot of basic skins or what I would call basic.

You can strip a lot of the bells and whistles in the skin settings, you can even just have a black background with list view (crying now)

You want a home theatre, but you want it to look like an Excel spreadsheet (sobs hysterically and goes to lie down and have a nervous breakdown)

Thank you for your response. I do not want a home theater. I want a simple to use interface that is information dense. Text is the fastest way to find videos in my library or to find the items that are offered in addons. Search engine developers have used this format since day one. They will use graphics to get your attention, but they do so to try and sell you something. There are skins such as Amber and Aeon Nox Silvo That are easy to hide all of the backgrounds. In general most Kodi skins are different versions of the theme " look at all the pretty pictures " . This is fine if it is your choice. I think the more variety you have the better Kodi becomes. I do not have the skills to create these type of things or the ability to gain them. The doc says I am in the early stages of dementia. So becoming a skinner is not in the cards for me.
You could strip most skins down and a lot have text listings, icons will have text underneath them such as a magnifying glass and search. You would really need to put some work in and strip as much of the skin out as you do not need, this is not too difficult. 

At the end of the day, it really falls down to your own personal preference, you can have some skins that just display a list of movies, the default Kodi skin can do this but you need to check something on that skin, which I cannot remember until I get on my cinema PC.

However, with dementia, images are a great helper, so you are looking at your dementia the wrong way. When you see a familiar face such as Laurel and Hardy for example, it will help you remember more, than just text will.
Seems to me you should explore a bare-bones DLNA client/server setup. Plenty of options out there. Once upon a time, for example, I used TwonkyMedia server running on PC as the backend and a PlayStation 3 as the media extender. The interface was all text. Just one example. Food for thought. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple skins0