Seasons and Episodes within Files view
Hi, all my viewtypes appear to be working correctly when I am in a library path e.g. videodb:// - but when I navigate through Files and then go into my TV source, I see everything as normal at the TV level, but then clicking into one seems to go straight to Episodes and the view is empty, i.e. no image or text labels populated by INFOLABELS are showing any content.

I first thought it was a problem with my viewtypes, but I noticed it in several other skins, this same behavior. It's happening for me on both a Windows and a Mac machine with Kodi Leia. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or bug, an expected behavior or potentially a configuration issue on my end?
As it's just files it will only show your actual folders/files and in your case I guess you're not using season folders.
(2020-02-14, 18:07)Hitcher Wrote: As it's just files it will only show your actual folders/files and in your case I guess you're not using season folders.

Ahh my bad, it was the seasons level, but the debug label said Content-episodes which is why I was confused. Hard to tell because nothing's showing up haha. I'll have to dig into the code to see what I've done to mean the labels and images aren't appearing at the seasons level. As it's just files does it need to fallback to ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Label rather than ListItem.Art(fanart) and ListItem.Title?

I think the way I have my texture and label variables set up means that they're not actually falling back because the value condition such as !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) is still technically true e.g.

xml:

<value condition="$EXP[ListView_IsVisible] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="$EXP[ListView_IsVisible]">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
(2020-02-14, 19:38)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 18:07)Hitcher Wrote: As it's just files it will only show your actual folders/files and in your case I guess you're not using season folders.

Ahh my bad, it was the seasons level, but the debug label said Content-episodes which is why I was confused. Hard to tell because nothing's showing up haha. I'll have to dig into the code to see what I've done to mean the labels and images aren't appearing at the seasons level. As it's just files does it need to fallback to ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Label rather than ListItem.Art(fanart) and ListItem.Title?

I think the way I have my texture and label variables set up means that they're not actually falling back because the value condition such as !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart)) is still technically true e.g.

xml:

<value condition="$EXP[ListView_IsVisible] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>

I got the season label to show up by adding the first value condition on my label variable as:

xml:

<value condition="ListItem.IsCollection">$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath]</value>

But I'm struggling to get season fanart or posters to show up using ListItem.Icon or ListItem.Art(xyz). It only works if I recreate the path to the actual image file using ListItem.FolderPath, which means making assumptions about how people have their folders named and organized. I can't figure out a way, for example, to show my season posters which are /TV Show/season01-poster.jpg
(2020-02-14, 20:05)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 19:38)QuizKid Wrote:

xml:

I got the season label to show up by adding the first value condition on my label variable as:

xml:

But I'm struggling to get season fanart or posters to show up using ListItem.Icon or ListItem.Art(xyz). It only works if I recreate the path to the actual image file using ListItem.FolderPath, which means making assumptions about how people have their folders named and organized. I can't figure out a way, for example, to show my season posters which are /TV Show/season01-poster.jpg

Just replied for artwork fetching.

you should be fine looking here and set up your variable.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Accessing...d_JSON-RPC

i got all workin using this for my fanart bg

xml:
<variable name="FanartBackground">
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(albumartist.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(albumartist.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(artist.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(artist.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="[Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart), ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.Art(set.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(set.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.Art(fanart))">$INFO[Container.Art(fanart)]</value>
</variable>
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2020-02-15, 22:08)mardukL Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 20:05)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 19:38)QuizKid Wrote: Ahh my bad, it was the seasons level, but the debug label said Content-episodes which is why I was confused. Hard to tell because nothing's showing up haha. I'll have to dig into the code to see what I've done to mean the labels and images aren't appearing at the seasons level. As it's just files does it need to fallback to ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Label rather than ListItem.Art(fanart) and ListItem.Title?

xml:

xml:

xml:
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(albumartist.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(albumartist.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(artist.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(artist.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="[Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart), ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(season.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(season.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.Art(set.fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(set.fanart)]</value>
<value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container.Art(fanart))">$INFO[Container.Art(fanart)]</value>
</variable>

Thanks for the info, apologies if I've misunderstood, but I don't think this addresses the issue I'm having, which is specifically related to the Seasons Level within the Files node. My season fanarts and posters work fine in the library. I understand from reading some other posts that this is to be expected, for seasons in file mode to be blank unless they have a fanart.jpg or poster.jpg file inside them, which most don't. So they fallback to the folder icon.

I'm not using any icons so I'll need to put in place a custom fallback. To do this I need to be able to identify for my artwork variables when I'm the seasons level is visible and I'm NOT in the library view.

I thought this should work: <visible>Container.Content(seasons) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)</visible>

However, it doesn't seem to and the reason is that when I'm in the File node and looking at seasons, it says that my container.content is actually populated with episodes, not seasons. Is this what others see? To test it, I made a quick label in myvideonav with <label>$INFO[Container.Content]</label> and everywhere else it showed what I would expect, but on seasons in file mode, it showed seasons. I'm a bit stumped.
(2020-02-16, 19:02)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-02-15, 22:08)mardukL Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 20:05)QuizKid Wrote: I got the season label to show up by adding the first value condition on my label variable as:

xml:

xml:
</variable>

Thanks for the info, apologies if I've misunderstood, but I don't think this addresses the issue I'm having, which is specifically related to the Seasons Level within the Files node. My season fanarts and posters work fine in the library. I understand from reading some other posts that this is to be expected, for seasons in file mode to be blank unless they have a fanart.jpg or poster.jpg file inside them, which most don't. So they fallback to the folder icon.

I'm not using any icons so I'll need to put in place a custom fallback. To do this I need to be able to identify for my artwork variables when I'm the seasons level is visible and I'm NOT in the library view.

I thought this should work: <visible>Container.Content(seasons) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.TVShowTitle)</visible>

However, it doesn't seem to and the reason is that when I'm in the File node and looking at seasons, it says that my container.content is actually populated with episodes, not seasons. Is this what others see? To test it, I made a quick label in myvideonav with <label>$INFO[Container.Content]</label> and everywhere else it showed what I would expect, but on seasons in file mode, it showed seasons. I'm a bit stumped. 
oops.my fault .sorry. didnt track the 'file source' issue. sorry.
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
(2020-02-17, 20:37)mardukL Wrote:
(2020-02-16, 19:02)QuizKid Wrote:
(2020-02-15, 22:08)mardukL Wrote: Just replied for artwork fetching.

xml:
</variable>

oops.my fault .sorry. didnt track the 'file source' issue. sorry. 
No worries, sorted it, 

Not sure if it was a bug or a peculariarity of my setup, but for whatever reason Kodi sees both the season folder and the episode view as Container.Content(episodes) when in file view.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seasons and Episodes within Files view0