Solved Screen flickering in dark scenes
Hi,

In dark scenes it seems like Kodi is trying to adjust lighting automatically and brightens the scene up, but then regrets it and darkens it again, then brightens it again and so on. This results in a sort of flickering of brightness levels. It really annoying. Now before you tell me it's my TV's dynamic brightness, it's not. I picked a specific scene in which this phenomenon is extremely bad and replayed it several times with Kodi, and then several times with VLC. In Kodi it's a discotheque, while in VLC there is 0 flickering.
Do you know what could be causing it, and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it?
(2020-02-15, 00:12)yarospo Wrote: brightens the scene up, but then regrets it and darkens it again, then brightens it again and so on
You're right in that I would have said check your 'TV's dynamic brightness', but it appears you have. Next suggestion would be the gfx engine and it's settings (there is nothing within Kodi that plays disco with colours/brightness) so I suspect the graphic card. Set Kodi up using limited colours and colour management profiles and see if there's any relief, failing that switch over to software rendering. What kind of gfx hardware do you have, a debug log might be useful.

P.S. very remote possibility of a cabling problem.
Sad 
I have the same issue - and no flicker in Windows Media Player, Netflix or other players.

Kodi black level flickering

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Nvidia control panel had an contrast enhancement setting, think this had been turned on after an update. Disable it, and it seems to have fixed the flickering.
Thanks for getting back to us with the fix for you.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering in dark scenes0