Important Attn: Addon Devs - Python 3 compatible addons
(2020-02-16, 04:10)ronie Wrote:
(2020-02-15, 19:02)pkscout Wrote: Does that means moving forward that we'll have to maintain two branches of our addons if we want to submit changes for Kodi 18 and earlier and also submit twice (once to Matrix and once to another pre-Matrix branch)?

that is correct.
(2020-02-15, 19:02)pkscout Wrote: If that's true, is there a suggested best practice on order of submission?  I'd hate for someone to have to review the same code twice when all I'm doing is submitting the same addon with a different addon.xml file.

whatever suits you best, really. if you submit both versions at the same time, i'm sure our addon maintainers are smart enough to figure out there's no need to review them both.
or just leave them a message in the pull request ;-) 
I just wanted to leave a little feedback that my first run at this hasn't gone well.  I submitted an addon of mine for update in the Leia branch, and it got approved and merged.  I then took the exact same code, changed the python requirement and bumped the version number and submitted it to Matrix.  I also included a note that there were no code changes from the Leia PR (and included the PR number).  The code got reviewed again, and I got notes for changes (turns out the requested changes were already there, but that's not the point).  So the code got reviewed twice and I got different review results from the exact same code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Addon Devs - Python 3 compatible addons - by pkscout - 2020-02-21, 22:09

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attn: Addon Devs - Python 3 compatible addons0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.