Solved SMB not working on all builds from february 2020
Exclamation 
The latest Kodi 19 Builds from february 2020 not work with smb whene i connect from my Shield TV to my PC with latest Windows 10 1909. The Build from 27.01.2020 is the last working version.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/winuxikeja.kodi or https://pastebin.com/MrRaWF49
No answer, no support from the Team??
I wait for a answer and help??
Given the log has a lot of lines like:

Code:
2020-02-14 13:36:43.625 T:9720 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://192.168.0.150/Filme/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2020-02-14 13:36:43.632 T:9720 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://192.168.0.150/Serien/' does not exist - skipping scan.

I would begin by confirming that the IP address of your target device (presumably your PC from your first post) is still on that IP address, and that the share is still available by that name.

We basically do not currently have many/any full time Android devs, so support is badly affected.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-02-21, 22:21)DarrenHill Wrote: Given the log has a lot of lines like:
Code:
2020-02-14 13:36:43.625 T:9720 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://192.168.0.150/Filme/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2020-02-14 13:36:43.632 T:9720 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://192.168.0.150/Serien/' does not exist - skipping scan.

I would begin by confirming that the IP address of your target device (presumably your PC from your first post) is still on that IP address, and that the share is still available by that name.

We basically do not currently have many/any full time Android devs, so support is badly affected. 
The IP is ok and with older Builds from January 2020 its working. Only with the newer Builds is no more working.
No problems with February builds and SMB on my Sony BRAVIA with Android TV 8.0 Oreo. Using a QNAP NAS here.
(2020-02-22, 08:57)CiNcH Wrote: No problems with February builds and SMB on my Sony BRAVIA with Android TV 8.0 Oreo. Using a QNAP NAS here.

This not help. You have other setup.
Why not fix this bug? After weeks nothing is fixed. Wtf 🤬.
(2020-03-05, 20:09)Schrotty Wrote: Why not fix this bug? After weeks nothing is fixed. Wtf 🤬.

Because there is no one to fix it ?

(2020-02-21, 22:21)DarrenHill Wrote: We basically do not currently have many/any full time Android devs, so support is badly affected.

Anyway, what's with the angry face etc ? This isn't a company with paid developers and a 24/7 help desk. It's all done by volunteers who give up their free time to write code or help out on here. But, nobody is obliged to fix this bug and if you come here with attitude then you'll only alienate anyone who might be able or interested enough to fix it.

You could always have a crack at fixing it yourself btw. A good place to start might be to see what pull requests were merged between the build you say worked and the next one that doesn't. Find one that relates to smb and you might have found the culprit, or at least, somewhere to start from.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-03-05, 20:39)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-03-05, 20:09)Schrotty Wrote: Why not fix this bug? After weeks nothing is fixed. Wtf 🤬.

Because there is no one to fix it ?

Lol smb is broken on the Android build after weeks.
And we basically haven't had any fully active Android developers for months...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I had a similar issue with and old Samsung tablet running an old version of Android.  I had to sideload an older version of Kodi, it just stopped working with SMB shares on my Synology NAS.  Once I sideloaded the older Kodi it works fine now.  I configured Android to not auto update Kodi.  The devs here did nothing to resolve the problem. It's really surprising how piss poor the Android support is considering how many are running Kodi on Android now.  

It's not broken for all Android builds, I have a Shield Pro 2019, the current ver of Kodi 18.6 works fine with SMB.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
With regard to piss-poor support, I refer you to my post directly above yours.

Or would you prefer we just say we have no devs and so it's not supported at all and we drop it, if what we can/do offer isn't good enough for you?

Kodi Blog Posts
Considering we have a vast number of users using Android if there was anything we needed to be urgently fixing then I'd expect loads of reports of similar issues, however as there isn't, it seems more likely something specific to your setups. Perhaps you are not correctly setup for SMB2 which I believe the Android builds now default to.
18.6 work here too but all 19 Builds after janniaty are not work. I have post log but after a month is not solved. There are more Android User as Linux or Windows user.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB not working on all builds from february 20200