• 184(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
Using the skin helper service Next Episodes widget, how do I get the TV Show landscape to show instead of episode fanart?
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
(2021-04-20, 12:51)dingdongdynamo Wrote: I'm getting an error when trying to install the skin on Kodi Matrix (OSMC):
ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.horizon]: failed to find dependency resource.images.studios.coloured
There is a known issue with the pre-release builds of Matrix on OSMC that is causing an issue. Basically something installed from a third party repository that includes dependencies that are in the main Kodi repo fail. To get around that, you need to install all the dependencies first and then install the skin.
(2021-04-20, 21:15)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-04-20, 12:51)dingdongdynamo Wrote: I'm getting an error when trying to install the skin on Kodi Matrix (OSMC):
ERROR <general>: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.horizon]: failed to find dependency resource.images.studios.coloured
There is a known issue with the pre-release builds of Matrix on OSMC that is causing an issue. Basically something installed from a third party repository that includes dependencies that are in the main Kodi repo fail. To get around that, you need to install all the dependencies first and then install the skin.

That would likely preclude almost any third party add-on from installing...
(2021-04-21, 01:34)drinfernoo Wrote:

That would likely preclude almost any third party add-on from installing...
Yea, it's kind of a whopper of a bug.  The good news is that I saw a post on the OSMC forum saying that have resolved it in testing, so we're just waiting for an updated build with the fix.
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure how to do that. For example, the 'Image resource selection' add-on I can't find in neither jurialmonkeys repo or the official Kodi repo. I found a .zip-installer on kodi.tv but that threw a Python error when trying to install (probably because it wasn't for Matrix). Will it be fixed in the future so I can simply wait it out?
(2021-04-21, 09:38)dingdongdynamo Wrote:
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure how to do that. For example, the 'Image resource selection' add-on I can't find in neither jurialmonkeys repo or the official Kodi repo. I found a .zip-installer on kodi.tv but that threw a Python error when trying to install (probably because it wasn't for Matrix). Will it be fixed in the future so I can simply wait it out?

Yes, it will be fixed. The OSMC team already has a fix they have tested internally, so we're just waiting for them to post it for external testing.
noticed this is in archive area.
is development going to stop or has it finished?

one other thing is, if you use homescreen widgets for movies and tv series is it normal for the choose menu not to appear when selecting a tv episode or movie? by this I mean the option to play or show information etc.
(2021-04-21, 22:52)Nekromantik Wrote: noticed this is in archive area.

one other thing is, if you use homescreen widgets for movies and tv series is it normal for the choose menu not to appear when selecting a tv episode or movie? by this I mean the option to play or show information etc.

That is controlled by a setting inside Kodi.
(2021-04-21, 22:52)Nekromantik Wrote: noticed this is in archive area.

I think there was a brief thread about this in the main Arctic Zephry sub-forum. I can't technically speak for the skin author (and in this instance this is a personal observation, not as a member of Team Kodi), but it looks like that the sub-forum for Arctic Zephyr was moved to Archive because that skin is not available for Matrix. Because this Work In Progress thread for Arctic Horizon is in that sub-forum, it got moved too (there is another forum for WIP skins which is where skins not yet released often are, so this thread is in a bit of an odd place).  My sense is that Arctic Horizon is still in development with the goal of having it in the Matrix repo. When that happens I think AH would get it's own sub-forum.
cant seem to double quote lol

@drinfernoo Yes I already set default action to choose in Kodi but on this skin it does not always work.

@pkscout Ah ok makes sense.
Is there any way to force an episode widget to use TV Show artwork rather than episode artwork? The Next Episodes (Skin Helper Service Widget) seems to use Episode Fanart on this skin rather than TV Show landscapes (even though I have prefer landscape instead of fanart set and the widget aspect set to landscape.) I had it working on my previous skin, Titan Bingie so assume it's skin-related.
Server - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Ubuntu WSL2  Client 1 - Minisforum UM580 Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Nexus (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci
I changed background for each menu entry and applied blur. But blur does not blurry my background, it's always stays with the same colour (my guess is it's works only with default background).
repo url in OP is 404
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-1.2.zip

the only working link I can see is
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-2.0.zip

the version number being newer, I am assuming this is now the correct link?
(2021-04-30, 10:45)0ldfart Wrote: repo url in OP is 404
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-1.2.zip

the only working link I can see is
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-2.0.zip

the version number being newer, I am assuming this is now the correct link?

Correct. You can also add https://jurialmunkey.github.io/ as a file manager source.
Hello @jurialmunkey. Is it possible to make setting for how often widgets will reloading? I'm using a "Trending today" widgets from TMDb and I don't see reason to reload it every time you stop a video. It would be great improvement for performance. Especially on TV Boxes, where they are not that fast as PC.
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7