• 7(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
This looks great, I moved from Aura to AZ2 because I couldn't quite get the layout I wanted. AZ2 pretty much had it but it looks like Horizon will complete it. Nice work.
Looks amazing. Do you think adding the playback speed buttons would be an option? The only one I've seen doing this so far was Mimic and the developer stopped giving support to it. Thanks!
Looks great, I'm on AZ2 at the mo but will look forward to giving this a try!
In the first post with the library picture of Viking’s would it be possible to have the episode name and then either date aired or episode length / finish time rather than episode name and show title ? There’s already enough info available (title / clear art etc to tell you what show it is)

Intrigued to see what view types are available for content and if your keeping the Spotify circles for music artist
(2020-02-29, 14:27)sasquatchjaques Wrote: In the first post with the library picture of Viking’s would it be possible to have the episode name and then either date aired or episode length / finish time rather than episode name and show title ? There’s already enough info available (title / clear art etc to tell you what show it is)

Intrigued to see what view types are available for content and if your keeping the Spotify circles for music artist

I would imagine that when an episode is highlighted, at least some of the information will be shown. You can see in the screenshot he's actually focused on "Season 1".
Yeah I noticed that- I suppose the only way to know for sure (or to correctly request things )is to wait for the alpha to drop so that people can get a real feel for the skin and help find any bugs etc

Looks really promising so far

(2020-02-29, 19:54)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-02-29, 14:27)sasquatchjaques Wrote: In the first post with the library picture of Viking’s would it be possible to have the episode name and then either date aired or episode length / finish time rather than episode name and show title ? There’s already enough info available (title / clear art etc to tell you what show it is)

I would imagine that when an episode is highlighted, at least some of the information will be shown. You can see in the screenshot he's actually focused on "Season 1".
Awesome new skin, Jurial! Thanks for all your hard work as always! I can’t wait for go-live date!

One thing that disappeared with AZ2 (or perhaps I did something to disappear it, which is entirely possible!) is the CONTINUING / ENDED and the next-air date (which I’m assuming you are pulling from Trakt?) in the various views. It sure was helpful to see if / when another episode is airing (or when the final one aired). Will you be incorporating this info into AH?

Thanks again! It’s beautiful!

(2020-02-29, 22:58)netchick Wrote: Awesome new skin, Jurial! Thanks for all your hard work as always! I can’t wait for go-live date!

One thing that disappeared with AZ2 (or perhaps I did something to disappear it, which is entirely possible!) is the CONTINUING / ENDED and the next-air date (which I’m assuming you are pulling from Trakt?) in the various views. It sure was helpful to see if / when another episode is airing (or when the final one aired). Will you be incorporating this info into AH?

Yep! See above screenshot. Now uses TMDbHelper for all online data - so no need for skin helper or extended info any more.

Yeah it's just because I had the season highlighted rather than the episode. See the screenshot above.
There's still quite a few tweaks needing to be done in terms of what info is showing. I'm trying to get it consistent as possible so that the info is always in the same spot on the screen and it is visible at a glance.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-01, 00:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: Image

(2020-02-29, 22:58)netchick Wrote: Awesome new skin, Jurial! Thanks for all your hard work as always! I can’t wait for go-live date!

Yep! See above screenshot. Now uses TMDbHelper for all online data - so no need for skin helper or extended info any more.

Yeah it's just because I had the season highlighted rather than the episode. See the screenshot above.
There's still quite a few tweaks needing to be done in terms of what info is showing. I'm trying to get it consistent as possible so that the info is always in the same spot on the screen and it is visible at a glance.

Lovely! Is that the only new episode view or you added more views?
(2020-03-01, 00:23)Japangelo Wrote:

There are no selectable views. There's only one view for each content type. This is the only view for seasons/episodes.
I know that this decision will annoy some but I've never really understood the fascination with heaps of views anyway. It's not like you switch views whilst browsing content - you set a view and then leave it, so why even have multiple views if you can have one that does the job properly from the start.

Having a consistent layout means that I can focus on transition animations that aren't just generic fade/zoom out/in ones. And on screen information will always be in the same place across all windows including home screen and hubs, meaning that you can get info at a glance without the need for your eyes to scan the screen.

The other things about having set views is that there's consistent navigation that can be integrated with other useful features. For instance, a double press up (up from the buttons) opens the plot overlay. A double press down (down from the scrollbar) opens up TMDbHelper recommendations based on the current item.
(2020-03-01, 01:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:

There are no selectable views. There's only one view for each content type. This is the only view for seasons/episodes.
I know that this decision will annoy some but I've never really understood the fascination with heaps of views anyway. It's not like you switch views whilst browsing content - you set a view and then leave it, so why even have multiple views if you can have one that does the job properly from the start.

Having a consistent layout means that I can focus on transition animations that aren't just generic fade/zoom out/in ones. And on screen information will always be in the same place across all windows including home screen and hubs, meaning that you can get info at a glance without the need for your eyes to scan the screen.

The other things about having set views is that there's consistent navigation that can be integrated with other useful features. For instance, a double press up (up from the buttons) opens the plot overlay. A double press down (down from the scrollbar) opens up TMDbHelper recommendations based on the current item. 
NICE!!! I love it... so glad you’ve been working on the TMDbHelper - Thank you! So awesome! This is going to be an excellent skin, fixing a lot of the little niggly things that AZ2 had going on. Sweet! Smile Can’t wait!
Sorry if this is a dumb question, @jurialmunkey, but how can I throw a donation your way? Least I could do for all the work you do, and a small thank you for a skin I use every day on four Nvidia Shields in my house!

Thanks again!
(2020-03-01, 01:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:

No no annoyance.that view looks pretty awesome. U did good by eliminating useless functions 😉
(2020-03-01, 01:25)netchick Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question, @jurialmunkey, but how can I throw a donation your way? Least I could do for all the work you do, and a small thank you for a skin I use every day on four Nvidia Shields in my house!

Thanks again!

There should be a link on the AZ2 first post, but here's the link to my paypal:
http://www.paypal.me/jurialmunkey

Much appreciated! Big Grin
Will there be any way to change artwork aspect in those views? For example, I typically prefer posters for everything but episodes, which get landscape.

EDIT: I also would really like a Square aspect for add-on lists (like Video Add-ons, etc...).
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7