• 33(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-03-25, 00:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: @drinfernoo @atomizasser @Japangelo @lightsout
Please see latest version (v0.1.44) for an option to disable the waves animation.
Skin Settings > Background > Background busy animation

Firstly thank you for this great skin, after years of trying different stuff I bumped into this project which to me looks serious and consistent.
I hope to support it for many years and help as possible.
I'm currently running Kodi 18.6 , with the latest version of the skin updated from repo on a Nvidia shield tv.
Sadly animations are not as smooth as they could be , specially in the pictures menu, which contains 6 widgets (trakt watchlist, trending and popular from tmdbh , random movies from library)
Already disabled blur effect from background and the waves effect from tmdbh, and also the full screen widget.

Do you think it's possible the shield is not powerful enough? I'd find that hard to believe.

In what platforms are you testing the skin?
I would love to help test stuff on the Nvidia shield, quite a popular platform too.
(2020-03-25, 04:45)TexasRules777 Wrote: Loving this skin so far! One thing I've noticed is that I've checked use monochrome for media flags and they work fine on the widgets and full screen widget but when I pause a movie the media flags are still colored.

Thanks.

Should be fixed now.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-25, 04:08)drinfernoo Wrote: Working just fine for me on Shield, with 0.1.44b.

Seems OK for me now, on version 47. I think it may have been related to a PlexKodiConnect setting which felt unrelated but I've changed and it's now working.  Huh
(2020-03-25, 05:53)janweinreich Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 00:41)jurialmunkey Wrote: @drinfernoo @atomizasser @Japangelo @lightsout
Please see latest version (v0.1.44) for an option to disable the waves animation.
Skin Settings > Background > Background busy animation

Firstly thank you for this great skin, after years of trying different stuff I bumped into this project which to me looks serious and consistent.
I hope to support it for many years and help as possible.
I'm currently running Kodi 18.6 , with the latest version of the skin updated from repo on a Nvidia shield tv.
Sadly animations are not as smooth as they could be , specially in the pictures menu, which contains 6 widgets (trakt watchlist, trending and popular from tmdbh , random movies from library)
Already disabled blur effect from background and the waves effect from tmdbh, and also the full screen widget.

Do you think it's possible the shield is not powerful enough? I'd find that hard to believe.

In what platforms are you testing the skin?
I would love to help test stuff on the Nvidia shield, quite a popular platform too.

The blur effect shouldn't be too expensive - once it has been blurred, the blurred image is cached so it doesn't need to be used again.

My loungeroom htpc is about 12 years old and works perfectly fine running LibreElec.
Core2 Q6600 w/ 2gb Ram and a Radeon HD5450
(it's an old Dell Optiplex 755 salvaged from an office refurb).

Specs on a Shield are far far better than that...

It's not quite as snappy as Estuary but that's always going to be the case once you add more customisation.
I would suspect it is more to do with the Android platform than anything to do with specs.

You would probably get much better performance by compressing the media folder into a Textures.xbt
(2020-03-25, 06:01)Ricks Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 04:08)drinfernoo Wrote: Working just fine for me on Shield, with 0.1.44b.

Seems OK for me now, on version 47. I think it may have been related to a PlexKodiConnect setting which felt unrelated but I've changed and it's now working.  Huh

@Ricks what was the pkc setting? Thanks.
Can I configure the search option to be global searching my content? if so how?

When I'm searching now it's searching on youtube.
When settings Music Artists Widget on the Home Screen the Artist Name is missing from the Header:

(2020-03-25, 11:14)FXB78 Wrote: When settings Music Artists Widget on the Home Screen the Artist Name is missing from the Header:

Ah yep. Should be fixed now. Smile
(2020-03-25, 10:18)prynn Wrote: Can I configure the search option to be global searching my content? if so how?

If by search you mean the Common > Search shortcut which sets the action "Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)"
You can configure what lists it searches in
Skin Settings > Library > Choose search lists

By default it should have multiple search options though...
(2020-03-25, 11:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 10:18)prynn Wrote: Can I configure the search option to be global searching my content? if so how?

If by search you mean the Common > Search shortcut which sets the action "Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)"

Is this a bug?, when I do a search using the search using the side widget, the keyboard screen remains, after I search for a movie in my library.I have to press the back button, it’s not a problem, just looks a bit clunky
Many thanks
(2020-03-25, 12:19)Criddler23 Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 11:54)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Is this a bug?, when I do a search using the search using the side widget, the keyboard screen remains, after I search for a movie in my library.I have to press the back button, it’s not a problem, just looks a bit clunky
Many thanks

No that shouldn't happen. Are you using the latest version from github (v0.1.49)?

This video shows how the search function should work:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrvbZV2rJqBkV73AXlV...r?e=YGDDu1
(2020-03-25, 14:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 12:19)Criddler23 Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 11:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: If by search you mean the Common > Search shortcut which sets the action "Skin.SetString(SearchTerm)"

Many thanks

No that shouldn't happen. Are you using the latest version from github (v0.1.49)?

This video shows how the search function should work:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrvbZV2rJqBkV73AXlV...r?e=YGDDu1

Have download the latest version from github, resolved the issue.Thank you for the help
I have figured out how to use the submenu widget, love it thanks.  Can someone explain or point me to how to use a hub widget?  I keep adding items to it, but never get it to show up.  Thanks
(2020-03-25, 11:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-25, 11:14)FXB78 Wrote: When settings Music Artists Widget on the Home Screen the Artist Name is missing from the Header:

Ah yep. Should be fixed now. Smile    
Thanks, now working Smile

Whilst on the subject of Music, the Genres & Years sections currently seem a bit sparse, I think they just need a few tweaks to bring them in line with other views.

Genres view is missing Artist & Plot/Description. Also the submenus/hubs are limited to four across the top, this could potentially be expanded to six/seven to flow across the full screen:

Years view is missing Plot/Description and as with genres the submenus/hubs are limited to four across the top:

Hi, is it possible to go back to the last version of the horizon screen saver? I preferred it when it didn't have the similar and play buttons.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7