• 44(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
(2020-03-29, 13:22)atomizasser Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 11:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: If you set "Showcase Hub", you will get this window when you click the menu item.
The background widget is the hub widget for the main menu item.
The middle row of buttons are your submenu items.
The widgets underneath are the hub widgets set to each submenu item.

Thanks for this great Skin! i love it!

It is possible set "Showcase Hub" as Widget in Home screen?

Thanks.

Not currently. I will eventually have an option to replace the fullscreen widget with the showcase hub.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-29, 13:14)tinnyskillz Wrote: (1) Can we make the overlay more transparent?
(2) When a widget has a landscape aspect. Can we remove the name of what's highlighted, and genre? Maybe make it more like Netflix with it being just the landscape art.

(3) I have lock menu enabled. When i'm on the home menu, and i go right (widgets). Whatever menu item i'm under isn't highlighted. Only when i'm on the left (the actual menu bar) i see the highlighted color. Is that normal?

Love the skin Smile

1. No, it has a fixed opacity.
2. No. All widgets need to be the same height.
3. Yes, this is normal. There was a discussion about it a few pages back. Ultimately I decided that the header and types of widgets are a good enough indication of where you are. Also, if it stays highlighted in the same way, it gets difficult to tell where the focus is.
Possible to have an automatic trailer play for Widgets on homescreen? Something like a popup window or similar.. now we have to enter the info page, press trailer to see where the movie is about.. or a showcase for widgets with trailer play, similar to Netflix. Of course with option to disable this functionality if someone does not like it..

Cheers for the hard work and stay safe..
With fixed menu bar.. the Banner view is not showing entirely and missing a part at the right (the right upper corner is not visible on the home screen..)
Great skin! Is it possible to disable clear art and use clear logos instead?
(2020-03-29, 15:03)Rijs43 Wrote: Possible to have an automatic trailer play for Widgets on homescreen? Something like a popup window or similar.. now we have to enter the info page, press trailer to see where the movie is about.. or a showcase for widgets with trailer play, similar to Netflix. Of course with option to disable this functionality if someone does not like it..

Ugh, I hate that auto play trailer stuff in Netflix - I find it so irritating. Anyway, this really isn't possible without some sort of script.
(2020-03-29, 15:14)91design Wrote: Great skin! Is it possible to disable clear art and use clear logos instead?

No. I did try with clearlogos previously but I didn't like how it looked - plus felt a little redundant seeing as the title is already on screen (whereas clearart also has artwork).
(2020-03-29, 15:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 15:03)Rijs43 Wrote: Possible to have an automatic trailer play for Widgets on homescreen? Something like a popup window or similar.. now we have to enter the info page, press trailer to see where the movie is about.. or a showcase for widgets with trailer play, similar to Netflix. Of course with option to disable this functionality if someone does not like it..

Ugh, I hate that auto play trailer stuff in Netflix - I find it so irritating. Anyway, this really isn't possible without some sort of script.

I can image people do not like it, but would be great to have as an option.. I prefer to watch the trailer first before watching a movie.. especially as widgets labels do not show the release years or ratings.. please have a look at the widget labels of AuraMod skin and hopefully you will consider this also as I want to keep this Skin definately Smile
(2020-03-29, 15:35)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 15:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:

I can image people do not like it, but would be great to have as an option.. I prefer to watch the trailer first before watching a movie.. especially as widgets labels do not show the release years or ratings.. please have a look at the widget labels of AuraMod skin and hopefully you will consider this also as I want to keep this Skin definately Smile

Open the information dialog, and all of that stuff is in there.
(2020-03-29, 11:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: @hoppel118 - That is a separate window - the "Submenu Hub".

To access it, you need to set the action of a main menu item to open the Submenu Hub

Select Action

Then go to the "Common" actions
You have three choices for a submenu action
Submenu popup, submenu hub and showcase hub.

If you set "Submenu PopUp", you will get this dialog when you click the menu item.
The items in the dialog are the submenu items

If you set "Submenu Hub", you will get this window when you click the menu item.
The buttons are your submenu items. The widget is the "Hub Widget".
You can set hub widgets for each submenu item, or one for the whole menu.

If you set "Showcase Hub", you will get this window when you click the menu item.
The background widget is the hub widget for the main menu item.
The middle row of buttons are your submenu items.
The widgets underneath are the hub widgets set to each submenu item.

The other option is that you can set the submenu as a widget itself.
It is in Default Widgets > Submenu

If you do that you get it as a widget on the main screen:

@jurialmunkey, maybe it's a good time to put some of this stuff in those reserved spots up top? Big Grin
No real need for special support for an autoplay trailers for those who like it. Enable playing now video in background, use tvtunes add-on and use theme.ext instead of tvshow-trailer.ext.

That said, please follow your instinct and don't turn this fabulous skin into another Netflix ui clone, jurialmunkey. Thanks for all your work.
I must have missed something about the new "icon" widget aspect. It's the aspect of he submenu widget, but we can use it for any widget? If so, what's the reasoning behind not letting us use the other aspects for a submenu widget? In any case, "icon" doesn't appear to be working in a hub widget either Confused

With that being said, the Showcase Hub is super nice! I really dig the design, and the setup just makes sense. I was thinking "icon" would be a really nice aspect for a "Years" Hub Widget, but it didn't work Sad
(2020-03-29, 17:17)jimkaf Wrote: No real need for special support for an autoplay trailers for those who like it. Enable playing now video in background, use tvtunes add-on and use theme.ext instead of tvshow-trailer.ext.

That said, please follow your instinct and don't turn this fabulous skin into another Netflix ui clone, jurialmunkey. Thanks for all your work.

Everyone is permitted to have their own opinion.. but does not mean everyone agrees.. Smile
(2020-03-29, 16:22)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 15:35)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 15:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ugh, I hate that auto play trailer stuff in Netflix - I find it so irritating. Anyway, this really isn't possible without some sort of script.

Open the information dialog, and all of that stuff is in there.

It is not about having all options but to make it as easy as possible to navigate through libraries.. entering the info page,play trailer, exit, navigate to next movie, enter info page, play trailer, exit etc is much more clicks than selecting a movie in widget and play and see trailer on same page in my opinion.. a big company like Netflix would not do this if this was not working in libraries.😉
What is the "Common -> Smart Shortcuts" section for? It depends on Skin Helper, but is always empty...

EDIT: "Same" question, but for "Additional Widgets". They're not empty, but depend on Skin Helper and other optional add-ons.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7