Display EXIF comment during slideshow
I am new to Kodi, and think it is brilliant for my displaying my photos nice and large on my TV via my Firestick. I want to know how to display a field for my comments / caption for each photo in, slideshow mode, and in the picture screensaver add-on (I can see how to display the filename and date / time, but not a selectable text field). I am not a familiar writing code, but can see some threads a number of years ago where it has been discussed, but I can’t work out how to make it work or even down load the right add-on if one has been produced. Can anyone help on how to display it? Also, which EXIF field is used so I can write my comments in it, which I would do on my PC.
In Kodi, video and music files have their own databases in which metadata is stored. For photos there is no such database in Kodi, so EXIF data will have to be extracted each time a photo/image is retrieved or displayed. There are plenty of EXIF editors, and as far as I can find, there are 1 or 2 usable fields as per EXIF standards, Image description and Comment. See this example:

That said, currently the photo section of Kodi does not have the highest of priorities among the current Team Kodi as you already found out. Developers are encouraged of course to submit their enhancements for all parts of Kodi.
(2020-02-17, 23:49)Klojum Wrote: In Kodi, video and music files have their own databases in which metadata is stored. For photos there is no such database in Kodi, so EXIF data will have to be extracted each time a photo/image is retrieved or displayed. There are plenty of EXIF editors, and as far as I can find, there are 1 or 2 usable fields as per EXIF standards, Image description and Comment. See this example:

That said, currently the photo section of Kodi does not have the highest of priorities among the current Team Kodi as you already found out. Developers are encouraged of course to submit their enhancements for all parts of Kodi.

Many thanks. That helps getting it into the EXIF metadata. On the subject of displaying it, this thread seemed to have a solution with lines of code posted (see link below), but they meant nothing to me, so hoped they had been converted into an add on I could down load. If so where do I look? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...light=exif

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display EXIF comment during slideshow0