• 17(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-05-26, 14:19)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-05-26, 13:53)jesu007 Wrote: DanCooper, Thanks for the great software, I've been using it for years.   I was wondering if there was another build after 2020-02-29?  I've been trying to use that version but it has some known bugs.  Sorry if this has been asked before, but I
It's the latest one. I've already fixed some bugs and added other improvements to 1.5 (not yet commited) and working on another solution for themes. A new bugfix release will maybe be ready next week. 

Ok Thanks for the update.
(2020-05-26, 14:20)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-05-24, 15:54)geek-baba Wrote: I am just curious to check how long should it take to scan a library of approx 12k movies, for my windows 10 install it takes 10-15 mins, not sure if thats normal or the next version will be more efficient.
12k movies in 10-15 min sounds good, right?
Ok - I assume thats acceptable but wanted to check, I thought it only scans the delta and new movies, because if I update a nfo from a different profile, I have to manually reload the movie to get the new info loaded.
(2020-05-30, 15:44)geek-baba Wrote: I thought it only scans the delta and new movies, because if I update a nfo from a different profile, I have to manually reload the movie to get the new info loaded. 
That's expected if two profiles have the same source.
Ember only shows the content in it's DB, and profiles is just that, different DBs and settings
So if you update something in one profile that DB get updated but as soon as you change profile you have to refresh/reload to get that DB updated, and that is only an local read from your source no scanning is happening
Can I use the Kodi interface to force refresh of data in Kodi database? I've updated quite a lot of data and the changes are not reflected in Kodi unless I force a reload in the library. However, there is no way to do that to all items at once.
Heads up for anyone experiencing this issue, the installer wouldn't launch for me on Windows 10 1909, so I ran the troubleshoot compatibility feature and the installer was able to launch using Windows 7 settings. Once installed I did not need to launch with compatibility.
(2020-05-31, 18:07)Boulder Wrote: Can I use the Kodi interface to force refresh of data in Kodi database? I've updated quite a lot of data and the changes are not reflected in Kodi unless I force a reload in the library. However, there is no way to do that to all items at once.
Yes. If "Real TIme Snyc" is enabled every change in Ember will be pushed to Kodi (has to be running). If "Real Time Sync" is disabled you can use the context menu to sync a single or multiple movies, moviesets, ect.
Also new movies and episodes will be added automatically.
(2020-06-01, 13:42)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-05-31, 18:07)Boulder Wrote: Can I use the Kodi interface to force refresh of data in Kodi database? I've updated quite a lot of data and the changes are not reflected in Kodi unless I force a reload in the library. However, there is no way to do that to all items at once.
Yes. If "Real TIme Snyc" is enabled every change in Ember will be pushed to Kodi (has to be running). If "Real Time Sync" is disabled you can use the context menu to sync a single or multiple movies, moviesets, ect.
Also new movies and episodes will be added automatically. 
Is it possible to sync the data without doing any changes now in EMM? The data there is up-to-date but in Kodi not yet.
EDIT: need to test the context menu for that.
Ok, the context menu can be used to sync.. but I found out an issue with videos that I have marked as Music Videos in Kodi, such as concert films etc. In EMM, they are in the same category as movies so they are not found when the sync is performed.
Found another problem with sync, this time it looks like it's the Kodi database at fault.

On my NAS, the TV show Star Trek The Next Generation is split over three drives. In the db table season_view, Kodi shows it being only on one, probably the one where I put the first season and scraped the TV show information which populated all the season fields in EMM and then updated it in Kodi.

I don't understand why scanning failed on the host though, the series folder is at that path.

2020-06-02 06:59:52.2817;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_43_UpdateInfo_TVShow.MoveNext;14;TRACE;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] UpdateInfo_TVShow: ""Star Trek: The Next Generation"" | Start syncing process...";
2020-06-02 06:59:52.3277;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_36_SearchTVShow.MoveNext;20;WARN;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] SearchTVShow: ""\\SYN\TV series3\Star Trek The Next Generation"" | NOT found in host database!";
2020-06-02 06:59:52.3277;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_43_UpdateInfo_TVShow.MoveNext;20;TRACE;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] UpdateTVShowInfo: ""Star Trek: The Next Generation"" | NOT found in database, scan directory on host...";
2020-06-02 06:59:52.3277;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_48_VideoLibrary_ScanPath.MoveNext;20;TRACE;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] VideoLibrary_ScanPaths: ""smb://192.168.0.75/TV Series3/Star Trek The Next Generation/"" | Start scanning process...";
2020-06-02 06:59:52.4788;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_55_IsScanningVideo.MoveNext;20;TRACE;[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] IsScanningVideo: True;
2020-06-02 06:59:53.4998;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_55_IsScanningVideo.MoveNext;13;TRACE;[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] IsScanningVideo: False;
2020-06-02 06:59:53.5548;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_36_SearchTVShow.MoveNext;20;WARN;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] SearchTVShow: ""\\SYN\TV series3\Star Trek The Next Generation"" | NOT found in host database!";
2020-06-02 06:59:53.5548;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi;generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_43_UpdateInfo_TVShow.MoveNext;20;ERROR;"[APIKodi] [Kodi-N2] UpdateInfo_TVShow: ""Star Trek: The Next Generation"" | NOT found on host! Abort!";
2020-06-02 06:59:53.5548;generic.Interface.Kodi.KodiInterface;generic.Interface.Kodi.KodiInterface+VB$StateMachine_74_GenericRunCallBack.MoveNext;1;WARN;[KodiInterface] [Kodi-N2] [GenericRunCallBack] | Sync Failed:  Star Trek: The Next Generation;

One season is completely missing from the table 'episode_view', it does exist in 'episodes' but which one does EMM use when syncing?
Is there any way to fix the Kodi database to contain the correct paths - other than deleting and forcing a rebuild that way?

Another question: what is the difference between Sync and Sync Full? I tried both but the log doesn't show any differences.

EDIT: looks like Kodi puts things incorrectly in the season_view table. I cleaned the database by removing content type and readding it, but Kodi still uses just one path for all seasons of the whole series, probably the one it happens to scan first. The only way to make EMM work correctly when syncing, would be using idseason from season_view in episode_view to determine if the season exists in the database or not. If you use season_view, it will go wrong unless all the seasons are in the same main folder.
First of all: The Kodi Interface (KI) does not access the Kodi database directly, but uses the JSON-RPC API (v10 ATM in KI): Link
That means that i don't have access to tables or views like "episode_view" or "season_view".

If you want to test the API you can use the default Kodi webinterface. On the bottom right corner is a button with 3 dots and a "The Lab" menu. In the lab is an "API browser" that allows you to send any API call to check what Kodi sends back as information (and thus to the KI).

How the KI sync tv shows elements:

TV show:
  1. Get a list of tv shows of a specific path
    Code:
    List.Filter.Rule.TVShows.field = List.Filter.Fields.TVShows.path
    List.Filter.Rule.TVShows.Operator = List.Filter.Operators.Is
    List.Filter.Rule.TVShows.value = "smb://TVSHOW_PATH"
    Code:
    VideoLibrary.GetTVShows(filter)
  2. If the result is exactly 1 entry than the KI uses that ID to sync.
TV season:
  1. Get the tv show ID (see above).
  2. Get a list of all seasons of a specific tv show by tv show ID
    Code:
    VideoLibrary.GetSeasons(ShowID)
  3. Filter the results by season number.
  4. If now the result is exactly 1 than use that season ID to sync.
TV episode:
  1. Get the tv show ID (see above).
  2. Get a list of episodes with ShowID and path filter
    Code:
    filter = New List.Filter.EpisodesAnd

filterRule_Path.field = List.Filter.Fields.Episodes.path
    filterRule_Path.Operator = List.Filter.Operators.Is
    filterRule_Path.value = "smb://EPISODE_PATH"
    filter.and.Add(filterRule_Path)

filterRule_Filename.field = List.Filter.Fields.Episodes.filename
    filterRule_Filename.Operator = List.Filter.Operators.Is
    filterRule_Filename.value = "filename.ext"
    filter.and.Add(filterRule_Filename)
    Code:
    VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes(filter, ShowID, Season#)
  3. If the result is exactly 1 than use this ID to sync.
    If the result is more than one than try to filter by episode number (multi-episode handling)

All "PATH" that the KI uses to search in Kodi are based uf the mapping in the KI settings. That means if Kodi merge multiple tv show paths of a single tv show into one/single tv show information with only one (the first added) path then the KI can't get any result if a season is in one of the later added (and different) paths. It's the same with episodes because the KI first search for the tv show ID based on the tv show path. I think it's possible to skip the tv show ID search for an episode because it should by possible to get an episode list based only on EPISODE_PATH and EPISODE_FILENAME. But for season i don't see any way to get a workaround for. Even the tv show sync can run into an issue if you try to sync another "tv show path" than that one that Kodi has added as first.

I had a similar issue after i moved a lot of tv shows from "smb://tv_shows_ended" to "smb://tv_shows" because i havn't first removed the tv shows in Kodi and just rescanned the library. In my case the "tv show path" in Kodi still was the old path and only the episodes paths has been changed. I think i had to remove the tv show in Kodi and even manually removed all old tv show entries in the "tvshow" table.

(2020-06-01, 19:05)Boulder Wrote: but I found out an issue with videos that I have marked as Music Videos in Kodi, such as concert films etc. In EMM, they are in the same category as movies so they are not found when the sync is performed.
Kodi has an own API for movies and music videos. The KI only support movies because Ember does not support music videos atm (maybe added in Ember 2.0). So there is no way to sync a Kodi source that has been added as "content type = music video".

(2020-06-02, 06:32)Boulder Wrote: On my NAS, the TV show Star Trek The Next Generation is split over three drives. In the db table season_view, Kodi shows it being only on one, probably the one where I put the first season and scraped the TV show information which populated all the season fields in EMM and then updated it in Kodi.

I don't understand why scanning failed on the host though, the series folder is at that path.
See above

(2020-06-02, 06:32)Boulder Wrote: Another question: what is the difference between Sync and Sync Full? I tried both but the log doesn't show any differences.
TV Show - Sync = Only the tv show information
TV Show- Sync Full = TV Show, all seasons and all episodes
Season - Sync = Only season information
Season - Sync Full = Season and all episodes of that season
The API probably uses the views..
Thank you for the information, I'll take a deeper look after work.
My head is exploding with this thing Laugh

I opened a ticket in github, I seriously believe that the API doesn't use the correct path because it doesn't know that for the season itself.
I would be fantastic if the Movies list displayed not just the Title and Original Title columns but a also a Director one.

It seems that a user itself could create such a view by adding the required SQL commands and data to the Miscellaneous > Media List Editor fields.
There are two problems however: if one clicks Ember Database, what appears is info about a certain MyVideos43 database structure but afaik the Movies database is named MyMovies116.db (am I right?).
The other is a personal issue: this user only had a few SQL classes aeons ago but never actually learned or worked with it.

Would it be possible for a really knowledgeable, generous soul to publish a recipe to accomplish a Title / Original Title / Director / IMDB / TMDB / etc. window?
(2020-06-09, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: I would be fantastic if the Movies list displayed not just the Title and Original Title columns but a also a Director one.
You can show or hide a column if you double click on an entry under Settings => Movies => General => Movie List Sorting.
All columns are displayed as wide as their content requires. Columns like Directors, Genres, Countries ect. are not listed because they can hold a huge amount of data (e.g. 3 directors or 10 Genres) what whould end in a medialist wider than your whole desk. In Ember 2.0 more columns can be displayed because i've added additional settings to control the wide of any column.

(2020-06-09, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: It seems that a user itself could create such a view by adding the required SQL commands and data to the Miscellaneous > Media List Editor fields.
All customs views has to be based on the default views. It is possible to add custom columns in custom views, but that was not the point of this function. The point of the editor was to give users the possibility to filter the lists with own criteria (e.g. "show me only movies with a rating higher than 4 and more than one audio stream").
Many addons/modules use the current used view with current filters too. It would be a huge effort to treat all user-created columns properly in all areas of the software.

(2020-06-09, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: There are two problems however: if one clicks Ember Database, what appears is info about a certain MyVideos43 database structure but afaik the Movies database is named MyMovies116.db (am I right?).
The latest version of Embers database is MyVideos46.emm, Kodi's version is 116 (or higher). But these have nothing to do with each other.
But you're right, the linked overview is outdated and I've to update it.

(2020-06-09, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: Would it be possible for a really knowledgeable, generous soul to publish a recipe to accomplish a Title / Original Title / Director / IMDB / TMDB / etc. window?
All columns except director and a few others can be enabled or disabled in the settings, so no custom view is needed.

Edit: For Ember 2.0 i removed the Media List Editor and replaced it with a user friendly "smart filter" editor like in Kodi so that the users no longer has to know how SQL queries works.
(2020-06-09, 10:21)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-06-09, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: I would be fantastic if the Movies list displayed not just the Title and Original Title columns but a also a Director one.
Would it be possible for a really knowledgeable, generous soul to publish a recipe to accomplish a Title / Original Title / Director / IMDB / TMDB / etc. window?
All columns except director and a few others can be enabled or disabled in the settings, so no custom view is needed.

Edit: For Ember 2.0 i removed the Media List Editor and replaced it with a user friendly "smart filter" editor like in Kodi so that the users no longer has to know how SQL queries works.
Such feature of Ember 2.0 is really very, very good news.
Those who enjoy so called Art House movies definitely require a Director column.
Searched in vain, so I presume there's no alpha (or pre-alpha) build available yet, right?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2