• 25(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-11-06, 17:32)DanCooper Wrote: I have rewritten the YouTube scraper, it should work again and better than before (older videos are now also working again). The bug in DavesTrailerPage has also been fixed. There is also now a YouTube theme scraper.

I want to test the changes by tomorrow evening and then finally do a new bugfix release.

Awesome Dan, thanks for the swift reaction.

One more thing: When looking at the log for this issue it appears to me that tons of stuff gets logged without much meaningful info, but no output is generated for the number of trailers found or the trailer ultimately chosen for scraping...?

BTW is there currently any way to help contribute? (PRs and such) https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper seems outdated?
(2020-11-07, 10:06)ralfonat Wrote: One more thing: When looking at the log for this issue it appears to me that tons of stuff gets logged without much meaningful info, but no output is generated for the number of trailers found or the trailer ultimately chosen for scraping...?
Yes, the logging is more something that I use to trace some triggers and to get a way that an user can send me a crash message. The logging system has to be rewritten for Ember 2.0.

(2020-11-07, 10:06)ralfonat Wrote: BTW is there currently any way to help contribute? (PRs and such) https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper seems outdated?
It's outdated because I havn't commited the latest changes I've done to keep the source usable. New commits will be pushed if I'm done with the latest changes.

But the point is that I want to stop working on Ember 1.x because I startet to rewrite the whole Ember API and GUI for a new Ember 2.0 version. I don't want to invest more time than it's needed to keep Ember 1.x usable. So contribution is not really usefull ATM. The Ember 2.0 project on GitHub is still private and will be public if a first alpha has been released.
(2020-11-07, 13:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 10:06)ralfonat Wrote: One more thing: When looking at the log for this issue it appears to me that tons of stuff gets logged without much meaningful info, but no output is generated for the number of trailers found or the trailer ultimately chosen for scraping...?
Yes, the logging is more something that I use to trace some triggers and to get a way that an user can send me a crash message. The logging system has to be rewritten for Ember 2.0.
Understood. Would be helpful there too ;-)

(2020-11-07, 13:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 10:06)ralfonat Wrote: BTW is there currently any way to help contribute? (PRs and such) https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper seems outdated?
It's outdated because I havn't commited the latest changes I've done to keep the source usable. New commits will be pushed if I'm done with the latest changes.

But the point is that I want to stop working on Ember 1.x because I startet to rewrite the whole Ember API and GUI for a new Ember 2.0 version. I don't want to invest more time than it's needed to keep Ember 1.x usable. So contribution is not really usefull ATM. The Ember 2.0 project on GitHub is still private and will be public if a first alpha has been released.
Understood. As soon as I can help, shout ;-)

PS: Any chance you have come around to the trailer patch? Many thanks in advance.
(2020-11-18, 04:05)gits Wrote: Hi, did you received this message from TheTVDB ?
Yes, i know.
Character/string substitution syntax for file renaming

If a TITLE string contains an illegal character, EMM automatically changes it when renaming the corresponding files - for instance, ":" is changed to " - ".
I would like to change the automatic behavior by means of a conversion table in which strings with illegal file/folder characters would be changed according to its entries.
I guess this may be done by editing Edit > Settings > Movies > Folder/File Name Filters but could not really understand its regex based syntax; in fact, tried to tinker with it but EMM freezes when I add anything to the list... each time have to end task and restart EMM.

What's the proper syntax of each entry in order to change <stringA> into <stringB>?
(2020-11-20, 16:04)pstrg Wrote: Character/string substitution syntax for file renaming

If a TITLE string contains an illegal character, EMM automatically changes it when renaming the corresponding files - for instance, ":" is changed to " - ".
I would like to change the automatic behavior by means of a conversion table in which strings with illegal file/folder characters would be changed according to its entries.
I guess this may be done by editing Edit > Settings > Movies > Folder/File Name Filters but could not really understand its regex based syntax; in fact, tried to tinker with it but EMM freezes when I add anything to the list... each time have to end task and restart EMM.

What's the proper syntax of each entry in order to change <stringA> into <stringB>?

You can use $?<stringA>?<stringB>? to exchange characters manually. You have to set it to the end of the pattern (otherwise only the part before the flag will be handled), also you can use multiple flags (will be executed from left to right), e.g.:

Code:
$T$?:? +?

Movie title: Die Hard: With a Vengeance
Result: Die Hard + With a Vengeance

Code:
$T$?:?+?$?a?999?

Result: Die H999rd+ With 999 Venge999nce

EDIT: and it's not regex
(2020-11-20, 17:56)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 16:04)pstrg Wrote: Character/string substitution syntax for file renaming

You can use $?<stringA>?<stringB>? to exchange characters manually. You have to set it to the end of the pattern (otherwise only the part before the flag will be handled), also you can use multiple flags (will be executed from left to right), e.g.:

Code:
$T$?:? +?

Result: Die Hard + With a Vengeance

Code:
$T$?:?+?$?a?999?

Result: Die H999rd+ With 999 Venge999nce

EDIT: and it's not regex
Thank you.
In case I want to make a string substitution rule (like those in your examples) to work always (automatically), should I insert the script somewhere in order to get the wanted result?

p.s. Understood... not regex but looks like some regex dialect ;-)
Hi,

Been using EMM for years with Kodi/CoreELEC and it's still the best Media Manager I've found!

I have a problem, however with MovieSets.
I've set up everything as detailed in the excellent tutorial by DanCooper and everything worked ok.
My MySQL database became corrupt so I had to delete and restart as I had an issue as some of my Collections are both Bluray & 4k which caused filename issues. I've since placed these in separate Backdrop folders.
Unfortunately this messed up my MovieSet artwork which lead to me having to delete the MovieSet entries in EMM.

I've deleted the movies, database and cache in EMM and then re-Updated Library in EMM. This loads the movies, but the MovieSet tab is empty. 

How do I reload the MovieSets into EMM?
(2020-11-22, 17:46)spinecho Wrote: Unfortunately this messed up my MovieSet artwork which lead to me having to delete the MovieSet entries in EMM.
The movieset information in a movie will be deleted if you delete a movieset in the movieset tab. So i think you've to rescrape all movies to get the movieset informations back. You can select all movies and use Contextmenu => Rescrape Single Database Field => Collection ID. This rescrape the movieset information only and recreate all movieset entries and you can rescrape the moviesets itself to get the images.
(2020-11-20, 18:53)pstrg Wrote: In case I want to make a string substitution rule (like those in your examples) to work always (automatically), should I insert the script somewhere in order to get the wanted result?
You've to set the flag in the folder and/or file name pattern under Settings => Modules => Renamer.
(2020-11-22, 20:53)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 18:53)pstrg Wrote: In case I want to make a string substitution rule (like those in your examples) to work always (automatically), should I insert the script somewhere in order to get the wanted result?
You've to set the flag in the folder and/or file name pattern under Settings => Modules => Renamer.
So simple! Added the desired renaming string and it's working fine.
Thx.
(2020-11-22, 20:50)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 17:46)spinecho Wrote: Unfortunately this messed up my MovieSet artwork which lead to me having to delete the MovieSet entries in EMM.
The movieset information in a movie will be deleted if you delete a movieset in the movieset tab. So i think you've to rescrape all movies to get the movieset informations back. You can select all movies and use Contextmenu => Rescrape Single Database Field => Collection ID. This rescrape the movieset information only and recreate all movieset entries and you can rescrape the moviesets itself to get the images.
Thanks...ill try that
(2020-11-23, 00:21)spinecho Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 20:50)DanCooper Wrote:
Thanks...ill try that
Sadly, didn't work.

I've looked at movie nfo and it has tmdbcolid tag, but the moviesets do not show up.

I've deleted all movies and rerun update library, but nothing seems to work :-(

I guess I'll just have to manually recreate all my moviesets [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]
(2020-11-23, 10:45)spinecho Wrote: I've looked at movie nfo and it has tmdbcolid tag, but the moviesets do not show up.
The <tmdcolid> node will not be removed if you remove a movieset. The TMDb Collection ID is still valid even if the collection information itself has been removed. The TMDb Collection ID is to be understood like the IMDb, TMDb or TVDb ID.

Please check if you've enabled the following option: Settings => Movies => Scraper - Data => Collection => Add movies automatically to moviesets/collection
If this option is disabled the scraper only gets the collection ID and don't create the movieset. Also you've to enable (all for "Movies") the TMDb data scraper incl. Collection ID in the scraper and global fields because only the TMDb scraper/API provides a collection ID.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2