• 20(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
(2020-07-25, 05:04)defrost Wrote:
Quote:Your doing it wrong.
You're sure about that? 

I (incorrectly) hoped that EMM might support SQL i/o as outlined for future Kodi releases .. I suspect that if and when EMM does support such a feature the setup will look more or less as it does now with a toggle for { MySQL | JSON } comms.

It appears to be less the case that I'm doing it wrong and more the case that my not unreasonable expectations exceed the currently implemented capabilities.
Quote:Ember does not talk to the database. 
Currently, no, it does not - I tracked back through the thread and saw mention that it uses JSON control of a Kodi instance.
It'd be nice to see database support in the future if Dan has the time as it'd avoid this double handling:
Quote:It talks to one of your Kodi instances.
That instance is then updating the database.
Mind you, as of now, with my particular setup using an external database (rather than the regular internal Kodi database) I'm not sure that is true.

I started a local Kodi instance (using the external SQL DB) in parallel with EMM  and gave Kodi permissions in its setup to allow external control (port 9090, Kodi|Kodi), then mirrored those settings in the EMM Kodi module tested the connection and got the response that EMM was reading the Kodi sources . . . 

Several hours later it was still hung at that point and cycling through the "reading Kodi sources" message.

It would be useful to hear whether anyone has any direct experience of getting EMM Kodi module syncing working with a Kodi instance using an external database.

I'm sure.. I have my Kodi database on MariaDB on my Synology 918+.
I have 3 Kodi instances. And Ember is just talking to one of them to make the database uptodate.
I have just been cleaning up my metadata and have noticed that some of my TV Shows have a problem with actors and images when they are scrapped from theTVDB. Mostly it works fine but if an actor has more than one role it goes wrong. I have noticed this so far with Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Adventure Time. In the case of Clone Wars, Dee Bradley Baker has four roles. In the main view of the show the actors list just has Dee in once as Captain Rex, as does the edit shows view. However if you look at the nfo then for each role you get four entries, with the name, and role the same but each of the four images for the various roles. If I delete the Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex entry in the show edit view then all the Dee Bradley Bakers are deleted.
Hi - is there a way to enable trailers and not download it but add youtube URL?

EDIT: Manually I can do this, looking to do that during automated scraping.

This is not fetching trailer url - 1

This is not fetching trailer url - 2
(2020-08-02, 14:34)geek-baba Wrote: Hi - is there a way to enable trailers and not download it but add youtube URL?

@DanCooper  tagging to see if you have any insight...
Exclamation 
Hi, Dan

First of all, thanks for such beautiful app, I work with it by daily-basis
Lately ive been having problem with it, hope u can help to find a solution. Ive made a search on the forum but didnt find any solution for it.
The error is this "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Here´s the LOG

Hope it helps. Thanks and stay safe!
Had this problem before but it resolved. But now having it again.
I have a folder with lots of existing movies in folders. I copied like 20 new movies into the folder, but when I do the update library for that folder, it does not place the new files into folders or enter them into the database to be scraped. I tried several ways and it just will not pick them up. I then added a few more files in and when updating the library, it took 2 of the new files and folderized them, but the other files refuse to be added to the db. I tried rebooting, right click scraping and several other things, but it is like those movie files do not exist when trying to get them into the db. What should i do next or what could be causing the problem?
Hi, wondered if someone could help - prior to updating Ember to 1.5 movies used to list automatically by Sort Title in Ember but now they list by Title; is there a setting I'm missing that can do this?

Many thanks
(2020-08-18, 17:40)Buff Wrote: Hi, wondered if someone could help - prior to updating Ember to 1.5 movies used to list automatically by Sort Title in Ember but now they list by Title; is there a setting I'm missing that can do this?

Many thanks
Under each media list is a filter panel that can be opened. Inside this panel you can sort by sort title.
(2020-08-19, 10:24)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-08-18, 17:40)Buff Wrote: Hi, wondered if someone could help - prior to updating Ember to 1.5 movies used to list automatically by Sort Title in Ember but now they list by Title; is there a setting I'm missing that can do this?

Many thanks
Under each media list is a filter panel that can be opened. Inside this panel you can sort by sort title.

That's great, many thanks
Not Always Scraping In Correct Language.

Hi, beating my head against a brick wall on this one as I cannot totally see why some TV shows will not scrape properly.

I've setup ember to load a profile for Japanese language TV Shows, Use TVDB as the main data source.  In the most part it works fine to pull down Japanese text for Title, Plot etc.  Except for some TV shows  Eeven though the TVDB has the main plot in Japanese, Ember can still pull down the English language version.  I've been checking my nfo files and from what I can see they look ok.

Here is an example data set that will not scrape the plot in Japanese even though it is available on TVDB.

I cannot type the title here as it is in Japanese.

TVDB link: https://thetvdb.com/series/coin-locker-monogatari
TVDB ID: 96441

Here is my NFO:  (all the Huh - is becasue they are Japanese text and will not show here - but fine on my Ember etc).
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <id>96441</id>
  <imdb>tt4121614</imdb>
  <tmdb>26164</tmdb>
  <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">96441</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="imdb" default="false">tt4121614</uniqueid>
  <uniqueid type="tmdb" default="false">26164</uniqueid>
  <title>HuhHuh</title>
  <language>ja-JP</language>
  <genre>Huh</genre>
  <genre>Japanese</genre>
  <genre>Huh??</genre>
  <genre>Mini-Series</genre>
  <premiered>2008-02-23</premiered>
  <studio>TV Asahi</studio>
  <plot>Miki is a high school student that has a secret involving a coin locker. She always keeps her eye on locker 56 at Shinjuku Station. She even helps out the station manager, so she can spend her nights at the station.</plot>
  <runtime>25</runtime>
  <actor>
    <name>Magii</name>
    <role>Hoshikawa Tetsuya</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/95761.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Kojima Haruna</name>
    <role>Hayama Miki</role>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/95751.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <seasons>
    <seasondetails>
      <season>-1</season>
      <title>* All Seasons</title>
      <locked>false</locked>
    </seasondetails>
    <seasondetails>
      <season>1</season>
      <title>Season 01</title>
      <tvdb>71051</tvdb>
      <locked>false</locked>
    </seasondetails>
  </seasons>
  <locked>false</locked>
</tvshow>

The nfo is not read only as I can make other changes and manually change the Plot and other fields at whim.  Nothing else is blocked/locked from what I can.

Any ideas, thoughts?
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2020-08-02, 14:34)geek-baba Wrote: Hi - is there a way to enable trailers and not download it but add youtube URL?

Should this be feature request?
Hi @DanCooper - I see MSAA is dead (probably has been for some time) for movie set artwork management.  Are you planning to switch to Artwork Beef instead or should we only use the Kodi Interface going forward?
Sorry, me again :-)

I seem to being constantly asked to input the Trakt pin when scraping movies, etc.
Last one from me today (I think)...

... when doing single field scrapes (e.g. collection id, top 250, etc) and there is nothing new/nothing to change, does Ember re-write the NFO anyway or does it know to skip and move on?

The reason I ask is I keep getting a couple of error messages when doing a single data field scrape for my entire movie collection:
1. Bad Gateway
2. Service unavailable - server overloaded (try again in 30s)
(2020-08-28, 17:48)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Sorry, me again :-)

I seem to being constantly asked to input the Trakt pin when scraping movies, etc.
Artwork Beef: Ember scrapes artwork therefore it doesn't matter what artwork plugin Kodi uses, set it not to automatically add artwork from web services, identify local files only

Trakt:  Just input 1111 or something as Trakt ID, Ember will open then in options disable Trakt

Please at least try & leave Dan to carry on with the new version  Laugh
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2