Is there checkmark previously played option/addon for music files?
Curious why the really helpful checkmark feature for played video episodes is not available for music files?
This would be really helpful for huge collections when browsing music.
Is it impossible to create or have an add on for?
(collection too large to use library features and smart playlists...takes too many days to create/update library for this nice feature)
Thanks for any ideas.
My work around for that is to sort my list by Play Count - Ascending. This will sort with unplayed items at the top and played items at the bottom of the list

Moved to music.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-22, 02:51)Karellen Wrote: My work around for that is to sort my list by Play Count - Ascending. This will sort with unplayed items at the top and played items at the bottom of the list

Moved to music.
Ahhh.... but as I said, that is an option in Smart Playlists (or somewhere).  It is not available on my Rpi4 and latest Kodi anyway.... cannot sort by that option.  And using a library is just too many hours to build... and when the library is so big, it doesn't seem to export and import well.... so each upgrade seems to demand total rebuild over several days.  I just as well leave it.... and some of my files are not tagged properly.... way to many to retag.
Thanks for brain storming though.
(2020-02-23, 04:14)Cisco2kid Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 02:51)Karellen Wrote: My work around for that is to sort my list by Play Count - Ascending. This will sort with unplayed items at the top and played items at the bottom of the list

Moved to music.
Ahhh.... but as I said, that is an option in Smart Playlists (or somewhere).  It is not available on my Rpi4 and latest Kodi anyway.... cannot sort by that option.  And using a library is just too many hours to build... and when the library is so big, it doesn't seem to export and import well.... so each upgrade seems to demand total rebuild over several days.  I just as well leave it.... and some of my files are not tagged properly.... way to many to retag.
just out of interest how big is your music library ?
(2020-02-23, 12:31)tkgafs Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 04:14)Cisco2kid Wrote:

Moved to music.
just out of interest how big is your music library ? 
Just out of interest, is there any way you can track down who I am through my server using my user name and password?
I don't think tkgafs has any evil intentions @Cisco2kid 

The way that those video ticks are kept is by making video database entries for every video file you play even if you do not have a video library. The music database does not hold file data, but artists, albums and songs (and many songs could be from one media file thanks to cuesheets), so there is no obvious place to store data about playing files. Since my mission in life is to get people using the music lbrary (rather than just file mode) it isn't a feature I would encourage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there checkmark previously played option/addon for music files?0