keeping movies in folder1, NFOs in folder1/NFOs, posters in folder1/IMGs possible?
Hi All,
I'm a very happy user of Kodi on Fedora and Windows.
I noticed recently that many movies were missing from my Kodi Library even though the files were on my NAS and I think it may be related to the structure I've been using:

Here's how it currently looks:
NAS/movie1.mkv
NAS/movie2.mkv
NAS/NFOs/movie1.nfo
NAS/NFOs/movie2.nfo
NAS/IMGs/movie1.jpg
NAS/IMGs/movie2.jpg
[....]
The reasoning was to keep a minimal number of directories and keep the content clean (only one content type per directory).
I can say it mostly worked fine until I realized a couple hundred movies were missing from Kodi.

I noticed that if I moved the *.nfo files to the same parent folder as the movies themselves, more movies were found by Kodi.

Is there a way to keep the directory structure I was using and still let Kodi scrape everything by matching the filenames even in a different subdirectory?
Are there any settings to enable that?
I'd love to keep this structure but not if it means it will make Kodi's job more difficult. Sad

Thanks for reading..
Vincent

Thank you
Short answer is no to your question. If you believe that it used to work, or it worked for some movies but not others, then you are mistaken. That would never work. I would say all that has happened is that the Kodi scrapers have kicked in and scraped the movies into the library and completely ignored any nfo files you have in a different location.

Your Source setup is also wrong. Never set your entire drive as a Source. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder

How did you create the NFO files? Are they Kodi compatible? Post one to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link and I can check for you.

Links in My Signature below will be of use to you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-23, 03:44)Karellen Wrote: Short answer is no to your question. If you believe that it used to work, or it worked for some movies but not others, then you are mistaken. That would never work. I would say all that has happened is that the Kodi scrapers have kicked in and scraped the movies into the library and completely ignored any nfo files you have in a different location.

Your Source setup is also wrong. Never set your entire drive as a Source. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files#Source_Folder

How did you create the NFO files? Are they Kodi compatible? Post one to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link and I can check for you.

Links in My Signature below will be of use to you.
Hi,
Thank you for your quick reply. I will change the structure of my movie Library and let Kodi do its job.
To answer your questions: 1) I abreviated the folder names in my message but no, they're not at the root of my NAS. 2) the NFOs were files that were grabbed at the same time as the movies when an .nfo was provided. I'm currently re-NFO'ing my Library with a Media Manager (Tiny Media Manager) and will check the results.

Thank you,
Vincent

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keeping movies in folder1, NFOs in folder1/NFOs, posters in folder1/IMGs possible?0