Media Files On USB Storage - Where is viewed status data stored.
Hi All,
The heading is probably a little confusing but I'll explain the situation and hopefully my question will be clearer.

I have an RPi with Kodi attached as media player attached to TV. The media files are stored on a portable hard drive attached to the USB port of the RPi. Routinely the portable hard drive is connected to a Windows PC, but at this point not all the files on the drive have been viewed, the viewed files are deleted and new files are added.

So my question is when the drive is connected to the PC does the drive have the file with viewed status for the media and can it be viewed rather than rely on my less than perfect memory?
@Geoff2020

The viewed status is stored in the library database. It cannot be transferred along with your media files.

You could go down the route of exporting nfo files and then importing them into your windows pc, but that can become tedious if you are swapping usb sticks constantly. Why don't you setup a network share and then share the library data via MySQL/MariaDB?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-02-23, 10:17)Karellen Wrote: Why don't you setup a network share and then share the library data via MySQL/MariaDB?
Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean set up a share on the RPi?
What Karellen is talking about, if you have the situation that you always want to watch your movies on different clients and have those available on each, it would make sense to have some kind of network storage to which both devices (the RPi and the Windows PC) are able to connect to. Something like a NAS (the Windows PC is able to act as a network storage as well).

If you are using a NAS, many of them are able to run a MySQL database on them which you can use inside Kodi as well. In that way you are able to share watched states and resume points between devices instantly. As it was said, Kodi stores the view state in its database. If you are using a "centralized database" (such as MySQL) on a central storage (such as a NAS or probably the windows machine) you tell Kodi to use that database instead of its own database which is only available locally on the device Kodi is running on.

For further reading, please see this: https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Ok. Thanks for that, will work through the link and setup a DB on the Win machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Files On USB Storage - Where is viewed status data stored.0