Can I modify how the Movie Database Scraper add on resolves movie names
As mentioned above, I would like to add a new regexp to the tmdb.xml file so it correctly matches the non standard file names of my movie recordings when looking up metadata from api.tmdb.org

This file is in two locations:
/usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/tmdb.xml
.. and
/storage/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/tmdb.xml

I was advised to make changes to the tmdb.xml in the /usr/share directory path.

It won't let me do that because /usr/share is on a system partition that is read only. I have read a very complicated workaround using squashfs to make a writable copy of the system partition which you then copy back to your device running Kodi after making changes. There is another solution that involves copying the add-on files to the /storage directory that is writable and creating a totally new copy of the add-on with necessary changes and then installing that add-on with a new name and version number.

Which is the best approach?

Is there really no easy way to just make one small change to /usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org/tmdb.xml ?? Why do (slightly different versions of) themoviedb Add-On files also exist in the /storage/.kodi path if the Add-On doesn't run from there but from the /usr/share.. path?

I am using LibreELEC.

Cheers,

Flex

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I modify how the Movie Database Scraper add on resolves movie names - by flexmcmurphy - 2020-02-26, 00:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I modify how the Movie Database Scraper add on resolves movie names0