Video Albums
Is there support for video albums such a Beyonce's self-titled album or the video disc from Pink Floyd's "The Endless River", which contain ordered groups of individual videos? I'm trying to figure out how to include these.
@josephzitt

I think this would fall under Concerts. @HomerJau and @docwra are our resident experts on this

Moved to Music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I split my music concert discs into individual files per song for easy access to a specific song.

My Music Media Helper (Windows only - sticky thread here in Music sub-forum) has a couple of tools to help with this, see the docs.

The process rides on Kodi using nfo (tiny xml files) to load the video files into its music video library, with artist, ‘album’ and song title.

Process:
Rip your concert/music video Blu-rays and DVDs to an MKV file contains chapters.
Run MMH and use it’s tool to select the MKV and it’s splits the MKV by chapter (song per file)
There’s another tool that will create the nfo files for each split MKV file automatically, and can scrape the cover art and single fanart seen when navigating music vids in Kodi
copy the new concert folder with all the new MKVs and nfo to your library drive or NAS (in a Music Video source)
Tell Kodi to scan videos and it adds every song to the Music Video library based on the contents of the nfo

If you don’t have a Music Video source create a new root folder for your concert sub folders, add it as a new Kodi Source, tell Kodi it contains ‘Music Videos’

You are ready to play.

There’s a Kodi option to play next video automatically, with this enabled selecting the first song will play all, with just a slight pause in between, almost unnoticeable on fast hardware.
In Kodi not really, but you can use TheMovieDB scraper to import any concert DVDs or the Music Video importer to scrape individual songs if you split them up onto seperate videos.

Personally I keep them all as full Music DVDs and navigate using the dvd menus.
MusicBrainz already indexes the videos on mixed media. Personally I have been trying to avoid video objects when tagging my music library but maybe the existing tag reading features in Kodi could be extended to music videos. Of course you'd need to find a willing programmer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Albums0