Autoplay Development/Refinement?
i mainly use xbox's as media players so user friendlyness is paramount!

with the addition of true autoplay in xbmc this has simplified the whole 'n00b' useability!

as far as i can see in the latest cvs's the autoplay feature works flawlessly.....you put in a disc and whatever it is on it loads accordingly.

the only problem is that it would be nice to have a little more control on how xbmc decides what to load. maybe a size threshold or something?

basically, before xp's autoplay came along, i used to make a small autoplay program that would display a picture of the move with some text about it etc. this was perfect cause people could but the cd in and it would autorun the menu and they could just press play. since xp and it's autoplay, there is no need for this and i simple burn the video file to cd (and the nfo).

the problem is that because there are some small movie related pictures on the cd, xbmc auto plays it as a photo rather than a movie.

if i disable pictures autoplay nothing happens.

i was thinking if there was a way to maybe set a size threshold for what is autoplayed? ie. if there is a video file 'x' size or more it will autoplay that over anything else.

alternitively, maybe if you turn autoplau pictures off, it will look for amother thing to autoplay (theoretically, it should find the video file and play that).

any help or discussion would be appreciated on this? what are others throughts? any chance of implementing this?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autoplay Development/Refinement?0