Movie set management: hard to tell if movie is part of another set
As far as I know, movies are still limited to one movie set. But when editing a movie set, the movie search will still bring up movies from other existing sets. I think the movie set movie search interface should show the Movie Set Name that each movie may be part of so we can more easily decide if we want to override the existing membership.

Another way to improve this process is to add a 'Movie Set Name' column to the main Movies list along with a context-menu option to change the selection's movie set membership. I'm aware of the existing 'Part of a movie set' column.
If English is not your first language, you should type in English and then your own language. It is easier to translate, than read broken English.

1) Yes movies are still limited to one movie set 
    Example Beverly Hills Cop movie set Beverley Hills Cop Trilogy

2) If you mean that you have edited that movie so the movie set is now 80's Comedy movies for example

You have to refresh that movie, Kodi does not do it for you. Sadly yes there should be a way of auto updating things such as this, when you clean movies, but sadly there is not at the moment and there has not been for eons, and hopefully this may change.
(2020-02-24, 17:52)Video Titles Wrote: If English is not your first language, you should type in English and then your own language. It is easier to translate, than read broken English.
My English isn't the best either, but everyone understands it here. And the administrators only allow English, so your hint is wrong.

Furthermore, this is the subforum for Ember Media Manager and your answer has only a distant connection with his question. Maybe you should check beforehand in which area of the forum a question has been asked.
Back to the topic:
Kodi support only one collection per movie. Ember support multiple collection per movie because of the compatibility for YAMJ/NMT. It's also possible to add a movie to multiple collcetions even if YAMJ movieset compatibility isn't enabled in the settings. In this case Ember always use the first added set for the Kodi compatible NFO node <set>.
The YAMJ support has already been removed in Ember 2.0 because I don't get any response to my questions in the YAMJ forums. That means in Ember 2.0 it no longer will be possible to add a movie to more than one collection. I don't want to invest a lot of time into Ember 1.4/1.5, but i think i can add an additional row to the movieset edit dialog that shows you if a movie already is linked to a colletion. But you still have to manu ally remove the old/second collcetion.
Has been added an will be available in the next 1.4/1.5 release. You also can see that "Hard 2, Die" is already in more than one collection:

(2020-02-24, 18:36)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 17:52)Video Titles Wrote: If English is not your first language, you should type in English and then your own language. It is easier to translate, than read broken English.
My English isn't the best either, but everyone understands it here. And the administrators only allow English, so your hint is wrong.

Furthermore, this is the subforum for Ember Media Manager and your answer has only a distant connection with his question. Maybe you should check beforehand in which area of the forum a question has been asked.  

Although the forum is English only, which is kind of racist, but I can understand in relation to moderating and extra bandwidth, but typing first in English and then your own language is technically not breaking the rules. You have a very good use of the English language, however some people do not, sadly this is evident in some people's post. If I was trying to comment in German for example, my use of the language will anger most Germans, you can only say BMW so often oh and frankfurter. However, that sadly would not make much of a comment in German.

Sometimes it is easier to use google translate than understand some of the broken English in the forum, to give an example, when you are a native English speaker, you often have to keep reading a sentence again to try and make it seem sense, hell I have problems understanding American at the best of times, and they speak sort of English.

However, back on topic, yes this for ember media manager, but in the Kodi forum, which only allows one movie set. You could have an infinite amount of movie sets allowed in other programs, but as this is the Kodi forum, this is not a support forum for other programs, I was only stating that if you wish to change movie sets, then you have to refresh that movie set.

Kodi does not auto update just because you have changed something in the nfo file, hence my reply.
@DanCooper: Thanks! That would help a lot.

@Video Titles: My first language is English but I hope it doesn't come across as broken. I did rewrite the second sentence a few times and it still is embarrassingly long-winded with repeating words that you may think I was trying to write a song.
Quote:♫ I think the movie set movie search interface should show the Movie Set Name that each movie may be part of so we can more easily decide if we want to override the existing membership. ♫

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie set management: hard to tell if movie is part of another set0