Unable to change resolution
Hi folks,

I spent hours checking this forum to find answer, but no effect.

I have new Android TV box using newest Kodi 18.5. The problem is that in

Settings / System / Display there is no way to change the resolution, it's greyed out and set to 720p / 50Hz. Also the Whitelist shows the only available resolution 720p / 50Hz.

The TV box itself (probably) works in 1080p, I am able to change resolution in Android HDMI settings (to 1080i, 1080p, 50Hz, 60Hz, whatever...) but no matter what i select, the Kodi is still in 720p.

The box specification:
(https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.ht...0620810384)
* CPU: Allwiwer H616 Quad-Core 64bit Cortex-A53
* GPU: Mali-G31 MP2 * O.S: Android 10.0 The latest Android set-top box system, is more stable, safer and more energy efficient
* Storage: RAM 2G/4G ROM 16G/32G/64G
* Wireless: WiFi 2.4G
* USB: USB 2.0
* Bluetooth: do not support * LAN: Standard 10/100M RJ-45
* HDMI: HDMI 2.0a for 6K@30fps * 3D: Hardward 3D graphics acceleration
* Ethernet: Standard 10/100 RJ-45
* Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB;Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle
* 4GB ROM +64GB RAM + Android 10.0 + 6K@30fps + 2.4G Wifi +HDMI 2.0

Thank you in advance for your help!
And what resolution/s does your connected TV support?
(2020-02-25, 11:52)Hitcher Wrote: And what resolution/s does your connected TV support?
It supports 1080i/1080p 50Hz/60Hz. I had been using another TV box before and I was able to use Kodi in 1080 resolution...
Wrong forum tool used!
(2020-02-25, 13:34)Hitcher Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

I am sorry, but I am totally confused now. I really have no idea what kind of banned addon is present in my system. Of course I want to obey all rules here...
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I can make a log, no problem in it. Just I am not sure if the log can show anything regarding my problem. The problem is that menu item for changing resolution is greyed (so I am unable to change it). This can be hardly shown in log..or I am wrong?
The log will show us the HDMI handshake results.
Here is the link to log. Thank you in advance for your help!!

https://paste.kodi.tv/imubagimij.kodi
1280x720@60Hz is the only mode found.
Quote:2020-02-26 01:31:12.886 T:4836  NOTICE: Product: walley, Device: walleye, Board: exdroid - Manufacturer: Google, Brand: google, Model: Pixel 2, Hardware: sun50iw9p1

Is this a joke?

Not even this they got right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-25, 20:34)Hitcher Wrote: 1280x720@60Hz is the only mode found.

Yeah, but why? And how to avoid it? With my previous TV box I was able to use any resolution, but now I have no option...
(2020-02-25, 20:46)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:2020-02-26 01:31:12.886 T:4836  NOTICE: Product: walley, Device: walleye, Board: exdroid - Manufacturer: Google, Brand: google, Model: Pixel 2, Hardware: sun50iw9p1

Is this a joke?

Not even this they got right?

Not joke. This is how the device identify itself. I believe the manufacturer took clean Android and used it without changing Pixel signature.. anyway, we are out of topic now..
On topic: The firmware on your device does not implement the modesetting API, therefore you cannot switch modes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-02-25, 21:55)fritsch Wrote: On topic: The firmware on your device does not implement the modesetting API, therefore you cannot switch modes.

Damn, I was affraid of it. Just for my information - does it mean that FULL HD (or more) will not be available in more apps (like Netflix for example)?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to change resolution0